Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IBP - Features for PPDS / gATP

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Does IBP ( Integrated Business Planning) support PPDS / gATP functionalities that we have currently in SAP SCM. Based on the inforamtion available in the SAP Service market place, the features that we have include only S&OP, Inventory and Supply planning. Is there a plan / roadmap to integrate PPDS / gATP features in near future before 2020 ?

Br,

Valavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valavan,

As per my knowledge on SAP's new SCM Strategy, IBP(Integrated Business Planning solution) will not include GATP/PP-DS.  GATP will part of Logistics and order fulfillment and will be clubbed into ECC side.

SAP Integrated Business Planning solution comprises sales and operations Planning, Inventory Planning, Demand and Supply Planning. SAP IBP will come with the speed of the SAP HANA platform and with/without SAP Cloud option.

Logistics and order fulfillment track will focus on solutions in the areas - customer service, distribution and fulfillment and logistic network.

SAP definitely has a great vision. Now they must execute on that vision to make it real, since they are many hurdles too.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu / Satish ,

Thanks for the info. So going forward will there be a situation that companies that have implemented APO solution have to use both SCM and IBP ? 

Because of HANA, we do have additional features in DP, SNP using IBP. Will this have a negative imapct to the existing SCM solutions that are already implemented across globe?

Thanks again for clarifying.

Br,

Valavan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I believe this isn't true - SAP SCM together with IBP (GATP perspective). Why? Because, late this year, as per what I saw in a slide presentation, SAP will have the 'Release' sub-module of IBP which has the capability to take over GATP sub-module of APO.

Thanks and regards,

Zeek

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the information. How about the PPDS scope ? Do you have any information ?

Regards

Valavan B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valavan,

Yes, I believe that would fall under the same sub module.

Regards,

Zeek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zeek,

could you please share us the slide presentation?

Regards,

Mark

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valavan,

I can only "guess" that gATP might be intregrated as part of SD component to run on HANA in ECC box. But, there is no official news on this. I am very much looking forward to know if my best guess would turn true. SAP has lot more time to give an official note on this.

Let's wait for the update.

Babu Kilari