Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launchpad error in employee profile(MY Info) lane EHP 7

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to configure UI 5 based ESS role in EHP7. On click of Employee profile as shown in screen-shot below , I get portal runtime error. In launchapd entry the system alias is SAP_HCM_PROXY. Should i be creating this system alias? If yes then it should point to which client?

Any idea how to resolve this issue? DO i need maintain ny client number in any of the sicf service? Any inputs to resolve this ?

Regards,

Navya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

yes, u need to have the system alias SAP_HCM_PROXY and it should point to backend client as per ur requirement (100 or what ever u use)

SICF services are client independent, you just need to make sure respective needed services are active. Nothing special is needed here.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

do a developer f12 trace on chrome or httptrace or you can see the error in default trace, As your settings looks correct issues with landing pages are tricky, its easier to check in system also does this role work directly from PFCG?

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We do have multi tenant environment with singe portal and multiple backend clients.

When i try to acces url, http://server:port/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ARSRVC_SUITE_PB/main.html?page=HREMPLOYEE&scope=CUST , I am able to view employee profile and org chart with appropriate data  but when i access that application via end user role, it gives me launchpad error.

When alias is SAP_HCM_PROXY in LPD_CUST (ESS- My Info), it gives alias error as  " Unknown system alias SAP_HCM_PROXY".

When i replaced SAP_HCM_PROXY with alias for backend client, it gives me blank page .

The only difference here is in sicf service ARSRVC_SUITE_PB , in logon data client 001 is maintained, though its not our backend client.

a) So do we need to create SAP_HCM_PROXY alias and  point it to backend client? If yes then this wont work for differnt backend client as one alias can point to only one client ?

b) In SICF service do we need to maintain client as 001 just the way it is in service arsrvc_suite_pb ? If yes then which all services do we need to maintain this?

Any inputs?

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I resolved the issue by creating new system object which is pointing to the specific sicf path of ui5.

changed Launchpad settings for employee profile application.

Please send me the log using tcode: /iwfnd/error_log .

Regards,

cbr.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case the alias that was maintained in lpd_cust - ESS -> My info was SAP_HCM_PROXY?

What exactly was the launchapd settings changs done and which system object was created?

Could you please elaborate? There isn't any log generated /iwfnd/error_log except for "No service found for namespace /IWPGW/, name TASKPROCESSING, version 0002" .

Regards,

Navya.

golo_maichel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

try this: goto transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE. Select Service "ZHRESS_EMP_PROFILE_SERVICE" and click on "Call Browser". This calls an URL like "/sap/opu/odata/sap/HRESS_EMP_PROFILE_SERVICE/?$format=xml".

Do you get something like this?

<app:service xml:lang="de" xml:base="XXXXXXXXXXX/sap/opu/odata/sap/HRESS_EMP_PROFILE_SERVICE/"><app:workspace><atom:title type="text">Data</atom:title><app:collection sap:content-version="1" href="EmployeeOverviewDataCollection"><atom:title type="text">EmployeeOverviewDataCollection</atom:title><sap:member-title>EmployeeOverviewData</sap:member-title></app:collection> .......

Regards

Golo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Please find the attachment.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Golo,

Yes. I do get the same. Attached is screenshot for your reference. I have SAP default alias SAP_HCM_PROXY in lpd_cust though haven't created it yet. Do I  need to create system alias SAP_HCM_PROXY? Can custom alias pointing to backend client be used?

Regards,

Navya.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi C BR,

Few queries. In your screenshot , in LPD_CUST have you changed the URL? As of now i do have URL as  ----- >  /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/HRESS_EMP_PRO_G/index.html. What is teh value put in additional information? The system ECQ440_UI5 , where exactly is this used? Is it used in the system property of ESS portal role?

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Step1: Create new system object  in portal system administration and maintain system alias as SAP_HCM_PROXY and WAS Path as suggest screen shot data.

Step2: give end user permission to the created system object.

Step3: Change the MYINFO's application as suggest pervious screen shot and maintain Additional Information column data CONFIG_ID=SAP_ESS_UI5_EMP_OVERVIEW.

golo_maichel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

in our system the "MYINFO" Launchpad works with "SAP_HCM_PROXY" and we didn't create a RFC connection for it (sm59). I even don't know where this alias comes from.

If you get this error only when calling the launchpad with portal, I think you have to maintain a system object in systemlandscape of portal and assign a system alias in portal. Check the iView in the role for the system alias. Also you can got to <portal-url>/nwa -> logs -> default trace for futher analysis.

I had the same issue when I imported the roles form Backend in portal, because there is no automatic alias creation. So what I did: Import the roles, call the iViews of the roles, check the exceptions in default trace. The exceptions show you the aliases which you have to assign in systemlandscape of portal. Or another way: open the iview of the role (e.g. portal_content/com.sap.portal.migrated/SAPComponentSystems/iviews/XXXCLNT100/sap_url/nrw.it.fm.ZSP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_UI5_1_00000015) and check the properties: System and TargetSystem

Regards

Golo

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Golo,

What exactly is difference between System and Target System property?

Regards,

Navya

golo_maichel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I think "System" is the important property (see also Creating SAPUI5 iViews - Portal - SAP Library)

I don't know for what "TargetSystem" really is, but in our case we have both properties set with the system alias (<SID>CLNT<Client>, e.g. EWQCLNT100) of the backend-system-object of systemlandscape in portal.

Regards

Golo

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a tonne. It helped me resolve the issue. I created system object with system alias SAP_HCM_PROXY. In LPD_CUST , set the url as /HRESS_EMP_PRO_G/index.html. It worked

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congratulation Navya

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

I have did following ... as per given thread

I created system object with system alias SAP_HCM_PROXY.

ICM URL Prefix in System object given as : /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap

In LPD_CUST , set the url as /HRESS_EMP_PRO_G/index.html.

but clicking on "Employee Profile / Create Leave request" etc services in portal were pointing to ...

/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/HRESS_LEAVREQ_G/index.html?sap-client=100

found duplicate entries of "/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap" in the URL, but I have deleted this part from lpd_cust.

How to resolve this issue ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

where you were deleted. you have to delete it in two places.

1. ESS---- MENU

2. ESS----- MYINFO

delete it in two places and check.

regards,

cbr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi navya ,

I have the same issue but i tried each thing possible the error comes

with cann;t parse  system alias XXx for attribute path error,

so can you plz share your was values and any further info will be appreciated.

Thanks

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you attach screenshot of the error faced?

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

the error log says

grator.template_processor.context.ContextException: Invalid System Attribute:

System:    'System Alias: SAP_HCM_PROXY   Attribute: 'path

and the odata log

No service found for namespace /IWPGW/, name TASKPROCESSING, version 0002

Kind regards

'

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to activate the serviceusing t code /iwfnd/maint_service TASKPROCESSING.

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No backend service with this name,

Kind regards

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the existence of the components IW_PGW and IW_BEP in the backend system. These components are requierd to get that service.

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

not exist!

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i think components would be involved with approval and workflow activities I'm jys want to get the lane of leave request up and plz bee aware it's working fine from the back end.

Kind reagrds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gateway 2.0

IW_BEP 200 SP06

IW_PGW 100 SP03

IW_PGW 100 SP03 is for Approvals only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navia,

I did your recommendation but still have the following Error,

... 57 more

Caused by: com.sapportals.portal.appintegrator.ApplicationIntegratorException: Unable to parse template '<System.wap.WAS.protocol>://<System.wap.WAS.hostname><System.wap.WAS.path>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/HRESS_LEAVREQ_G/index.html?sap-client=<System.client>

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks navia

I tracked all your post i had faced get this thing up and running and all your threads wa usfull but need who can make the perfect combination to fix his/her own issue:D

Thanks again

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you raise a separate thread for this issue with all the details of config done and error faced. You get this error on which application. Have you created the system with value as SAP_HCM_PROXY? Have you activated the backend service ? If yes , then chek the system alias value maintained? make sure the software version of system alias is /IWPGW/BWF.

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, Now i have no issues

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats great news. Which solution worked that fixed your issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi navya,

First activated TASKPROCESSING service  and truncate lpd_custs urls to be like /HRESS_LEAVREQ_G/index.html got it up.

Kind Regards

Ramy

Answers (0)