Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRMNXP - How to enable multi-language support in TREX

lbraspenning
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dears,

we need to support 3 languages for the UI add-on. In the MDM catalogue, all items have descriptions maintained in the 3 languages. We see that the staging tables /SRMNXP/CAT_ITM and /SRMNXP/LNG_TXT are correctly loaded. However the indexing does not seem to pick up the additional languages, only EN turns up in the search results (both via the test tool ESH_TEST_SEARCH and in the UI Add-On itself).

Anyone an idea what we need to do to get the additional languages indexed as well? In the ESH_COCKPIT I already run the reschedule index with indexing mode 'Clear Index Content).

Thanks for any usefull hints ...

Kr, Linda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Linda,

You needs to maintain these languages in Enterprise search level in SPRO below.

SAP Reference IMG -> SAP NetWeaver -> Application Server -> System administration ->

Search Engine Service -> Preferred Language Sequence for the Presentation of Objects

Once this is done, you need to re index data.

Now you login with any of these languages search result should return.

ESH first checks for data in logon language, if match not found , it will try to find data with next language in settings above and so on.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Ram

lbraspenning
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

thanks for your reply.

In the mean time I found some recommendations by Jorg Hoffner, advising to delete and rebuild the model in the ESH_COCKPIT. This resolved our issue.

I also checked the IMG entry you are referencing. We have no entries in there.

Kind regards, Linda

Answers (0)