cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM59 Authorization test (SNC required for this connection)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have just recently setup SSO in our test systems and received some intermittent error when checking the authorization test of RFC ABAP Connection. We have specific job that's connecting to our EWM test to ERP test system via RFC ABAP Connection. The job sometimes successfully finished and sometimes not. It is giving error "SNC required for this connection" and when I checked the target system in SM59 and check the authorization test it is giving the same error. But after some minutes the authorization test went successfully and the job was successfully finished also.

For SSO this are the parameters I set:

Any idea on this error?

Additionally, I checked sm21 and st22 but I didn't find anything related to the error. Also in our development systems where SSO is also setup, we didn't received the same issue.

Regards,

Florence

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200373
Participant
0 Kudos

Such sporadic SNC issues are known from message server environments, where one or more instances have a missing or bogus SNC configuration, like a bad password was entered as Kerberos credentials.

Do you test with single instances, or is message server involved?

-- Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Stephan.

This is with message server (with sporadic issue) . The setup we have in development system is with single instance (which is working fine). But if this is with bad password entered in one or other instance, shouldn't be I'm unable to use SSO for gui? I mean I should received a miscellaneous failure error in SNC in the gui and won*t be able to bypass the logon screen.

Regards,

Florence

former_member200373
Participant
0 Kudos

That´s right, Florence. My hint was just about checking all instance configurations if they are really the same. A wrong or missing SNC server configuration can cause different client errors.

-- Stephan

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florence,

If your SNC is active and if the parameter snc/accept_insecure_gui is set to 1 then everything should work fine.

But as in your case, you said it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't work which is little weird. So can you please confirm if you had set this parameter in the DEFAULT.PFL?

As a workaround you can check the option "Password Logon for SAP GUI permitted" under SNC tab in SU01 for the RFC user and then check.

Regards,

Nirmal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Nirmal.

Thank you for the reply. All parameters has been set in every instance profile not in the default profile. Is it advisable to set in the Default profile? any difference of setting it up in default instead in instance?

Regards,

Florence

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Florence,

As this is a system wide parameter, hence advisable to set it in DEFAULT but technically there is no difference if you had set it in all Instance profiles.

Is your issue sporadic?

Regards,

Nirmal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Yes the issue is sporadic. Right now it just finished 4 successfully run. But this is really kind of weird. other RFC Abap connections are working fine when testing the authorization. This is just for one RFC abap connection.

Looks like I already found the answer. In our EWM test I missed out this parameter (snc/accept_insecure/rfc =1). I will try and check.

Anyways, Thank you Nirmal for the help!

Regards,

Florence