cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same scope of check/check control for ECC & gATP?

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Say for example I have 100 products in ECC. 50 products I want to do availability check in gATP & remaining 50 material I would like to do availability check in ECC itself. To differentiate the material between ECC and APO I have maintained MRP type 'PD' in MM for the products which need to do the availability check in ECC and 'X0' maintained for the products which need to do the availability check in gATP.

The question arises - Can I use the only one Scope of check  (check control in APO)/Availability check in MM for the both the PD (products which need to do availability check in ECC), X0 - product which need to do availability check in gATP.

say for example -

for some product availability check 01 which need to check availability in ECC and gATP

for some product availability check 02 which need to check availability in ECC and gATP.

Can I use above check control/scope of check for the products which need to do availability check in ECC and as well in gATP. But MRP types are different to each other. PD is referrers to ECC material and X0 referrers to APO material.

Thanks,..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasnop

To answer your question directly - yes, you can use the same scope of check for the products which are going to be ATP-checked in ECC and APO. i.e. Requirements / Receipt elements to be checked during ATP check can be same from business standpoint for both of these checks.

But the definition of scope of check in ECC is called "Carry out control", and the products which are going to be ATP-checked in ECC will refer to the scope of check defined in ECC only. The configuration is in the below path in IMG->SD->Basic Functions:

Considering you are using Availability Check (ATP group) "01" for the check in ECC (Assign Availability Check = "01" in Material Master of all products which are going to be checked in ECC);  combined with checking rule "A" for SD order - you can define the scope of check against this combination in ECC. However, please note that there are limitations of ECC scope of check and APO check is more flexible and you can have specific ATP categories of orders defined in APO scope of check.

Considering you are using ATP group "02" for check in APO (Assign Availability Check = "02" in Material Master of all products which are going to be checked in APO);, you will have to configure the scope of check in APO for this at the below path in APO IMG:

Here again for the ATP group "02" and business event "A" for SD order - you can define your scope of check. This scope of check can be same as the previous one if the business requirement is such. Please note here you will be able to refine the scope of check because of specific ATP categories.

Other basic configurations regarding the ATP check like CIF etc. should be in place before you achieve this.

Let us know if this clarifies your doubts.

Parth Soneji

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

Thanks for your note.. I understand what your are saying.

scope of check in ECC is called "Carry out control of availability check under SD->Basic Fn.

and the same will be called as 'Check Control in APO side.

I am not using Scope of check 01 & checking rule A -->only for ECC.

I am not using checking control 02 & Business Event A --->only for APO.

The question is  -

scope of check 01, & checking rule A - Can be used for both ECC & APO?. (Products have availability check 01 for both in ECC A.check and APO GATP A.Check)

scope of check 02 & checking rule A - can be used for both ECC & APO? ( some products have availability check 02 for both in ECC A.check and APO GATP A.check)

Can be used availability check 01 & 02 for the both ECC and APO availability check?

Thanks...

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi..

Can be used below scope of check/check control for the products which need to do availability check in ECC system and APO system?

A.Check 01 --> some products need to do check availability in ECC and APO GATP.

A.Check 02 --> some products need to do check availability in ECC and APO GATP.

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Prasnop

The answer is yes. Technically, you can use the same ATP group for products which will undergo ATP check in ECC / APO. You just need to activate ATP check integration model for a product-location combination to differentiate whether the check will be in ECC or in GATP. So, yes - you can use the same ATP group for a product which needs a ECC Av. Check and another one which needs a GATP check.

However, I would like to understand why you would like to create such a complex scenario. I would suggest you to use different ATP groups to be assigned to products which will undergo ECC and GATP checks. This way you will directly be able to identify which products are GATP relevant just be looking at the ATP group and there won't be any confusion.

I hope that answers your query.

Parth Soneji

Answers (0)