cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice function in REFX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to set up a pdf output type for my invoice. Currently it uses smartforms, however I need to have both smartform and pdf output types.

(a) How do I go about setting this up?

(b) How do I set up the email function to automatically send out the invoice every time an invoice is created?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Keshia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yeong-chul_jeong
Active Participant

Dear Keshia.

if you wanna control the 2-form type of invoice correspondence and use output media as e-mail,

you can consider below configurations;

1. Output media of Correspondence

- Go to RECACUST > Correspondence > PDF-Based Forms (Mass Print and Single Print)

A> Check the "Basic Settings > Output media of E-Mail : Settings per Correspondence Application"

2. Form of Correspondence

- Go to RECACUST > Correspondence > PDF-Based Forms > Forms > Define Forms

A> You can see the form type as "RE_CN_120 : Invoice", you can create new form type.

- RE_CN_120 : Invoice  ==> form type : Smartform

- RE_CN_121 : Invoice  ==> form type : PDF-Based form

3. Correspondence Activities and Applications

- Go to RECACUST > Correspondence > PDF-Based Forms > Correspondence Activities and

Applications > Define Correspondence Applications and Assign

Correspondence Activities

A> you can set the Invoicing Application such as ;

- Check the "Use E-mail"  ==> Your SAP Client must be ready "SAP Connection"

- Check the "E-Mail Sender"

B> you can set the Correspondence Activity ;

- T520  : Default Activity ==> Use Smartform

- Z520  : Second Activity ==> Use PDF-Form

and then when you try to print out the invoice(RECPA520), you can see selection screen for invoice

forms.

(If you want to use PDF-Based form, Make sure that you have the forms design tool installed for

PDF form.)

Best Regards

Yeong-Chul Jeong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeong-Chul,

Thank you for the above information. It was very helpful. I have managed to set up the correspondence but am unable to create the pdf output type. The initial smartform invoice was custom built for the client and I have copied this form however I need to create a Form Object for the pdf based form. Please will you guide me on how to do this?

Thanking you kindly,

Keshia Reddy

yeong-chul_jeong
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Keshia Reddy.

If you use PDF-Based Forms for real estate correspondence, your system firstly check the PDF tools.

PDF design tools requires a J2EE stack with ADS installation and proper configuration.

For tutorials, go through the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/37/47a2be350c4ac8afe36b691203971f/frameset.htm

Best Regards

Yeong-Chul Jeong.