cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking up the weblogs into different categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will be really nice to break up the weblogs into different categories based on technical areas(kind of like forum but not that many categories). There could be one category where all the general discussion weblog could be posted. I think this will generate more traffic towards weblogs. Right now lot of the technical weblogs are getting lost among the general content. Just a suggestion. Love to hear back from SDN members.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Prakash, the weblogs are already like that, it's just the "Most Recent" that are mix of all but you can go into each of the categories and see the "Most Recent" from each of those categories.

Just click "Topics" next to "Most Recent" on the weblogs page.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sing,

Once in a while this request comes up and I have the same reaction as Craig has. It's there, just select Topics and every one of them has it's own page.

For example here is the EP page:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/weblogs/topic/22

Your latest Weblog still on top although there were many other posts on the most recent weblogs page.

It makes me think how we could better make it available to people. The weblogs as well as the link on the main EP page is directly to this page.

Not sure what else can be done, besides a Weblog pointing it out again.

Best, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see it now. What about defaulting the Topics page before "Most Recent". Although i think lot of people like to see the recent most weblog. I think putting up a message in "Most Recent" tab about topics will work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I prefer the most recent as well from there I drill down to the topics I have interest in. Of course I use RSS Readers a lot as well.