cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDI:Import an existing DC fails BUILD; Used component not found: javaLib

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have finished Scenario 2+ up to step 9.

I am trying to build a new workspace and then import the appl/tax Development Configuration; I have performed the "Create Project" as noted in the NetWeaver04 Development Manual page entitled "Synchronizing a DC in a Local File System".

I now have the projects in the filesystem and they display in NetWeaver Dev Studio, for instance I can see the project in the Java perspective's Packages view and in the Development Component view.

But when I try to build it, the console logs an error:

appl/tax/calc: Build failed for example.org ... in variant "default": Used Component not found sap.com/tc/bi/bp/javaLib.

I see in my first original workspace that these components at some point were in fact brought into the filesystem. But they do not come into the new filesystem.

I did create a new "Root" along with my new workspace. It seems like somewhere in the DTR it is remembering that, to my workstation the sap.com/* files were already downloaded. But I do not see any "meta data" in the DTR that would allow me to mark it to re-download them again.

Finally, let me note that these files (such as javaLib) are still configured in my track (that is, in CMS' Landscape Configurator, on the "Track Data" tab, this track does still have the 3 "Required Software Components" including SAP_BUILDT which is the one that contains javaLib.

So, can someone suggest how it is that I make "javaLib" available to my tax/calc java DC for it's "Build Development Configuration" operation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this again, and it worked. On doing the "Create Project", a dialog displayed the many components that would be sync'd along with MY component; the list included all used components from SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECH and SAP_JEE. These are now in the filesystem, and the "Build DC" works on my project DC.

Maybe I did the "Create Project" form the "Inactive DC" view instead of the "Active DC" view the first time that caused the problem. I'm not sure, but it worked when I tried on a new workspace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you illustrate which project are you referring to? Is it while creating the DC which I don't see these options?

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS - In my NetWeaver DevStudio, the 3 SAP Software Components including SAP_BUILDT do show up in both the "Active View" under my track, and in the "Local DC's" view under the node "Local Development" in which you can expand the SAP_BUILDT tree to find javaLib listed there.

However they are not in the filesystem and the "Build DC" does fail missing javaLib.

Also, I am on SP9 of WebAS and NetWeaver DevStudio, running on Win XPPro SP3 with 2 Gig RAM.

Thanks, hope someone can suggest something.