cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA determination based on IBase and sold-to party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question about SLA determination based on IBase and sold-to party and I hope you can help me.

Let us imagine the following situation (SolMan 7.1 SP8):

- Integrate SLA Management for IBase Components (MLC is not desired)

- 2x sold-to partys (A & B)  [subsidiaries]

- Both (A & B) are working with the same assets (IBase Components) => (example IBase X)

- A & B have different SLA definitions (example A: 24/7 => SLA1; B:12/5=> SLA2)

- A creates an incident for IBase X and the combination of A + IBase X should result in SLA1

- B creates an incident for IBase X and the combination of B + IBase X should result in SLA2

Is it possible to configure such a situation within the SAP standard or do we have to define our own logic for determining SLAs (Business Add-In for SLA Determination)?

Thanks in advance

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Denis.

In your case you can just change access sequence in SLA determination procedure so that SLA source "Business Partners (Sold-to Party)" will be the first:

BR,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Artem,

thank you for your fast answer.

Do I understand you right that the steps wihtin the access sequence are logically linked to each other (Access Sequence= a ^ b ^ c ... so that all steps have to be met to decide which SLA to determine)?

So when i create an access sequence with the two steps Business Partners (Sold-to party) and Reference Objects (IBase Component) the SLA determination will check both parameters and decides which SLA to be taken? (like my example above)

Before I opened this discussion, I read the following article and there it sounds for me, that the functionallity of the access sequence works slightly different:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/SLA+Management

In chapter 3.2 "SLA Determination Procedure & Access Sequence" Point 4 "Define Access Sequence" it says: ...the system will run through the Access Sequence and every entry will be processed from top to bottom until the FIRST criteria fulfills the condition....

Because of this scentence I am not sure wether my above mentioned example will work with an access sequence.

I hope you can help me one more time.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Dennis.

Standart SLA determination procedure stops on the first criteria, you are right. But what's the problem to determine your SLA for each partner by his BP (every sold-to party has a uniqe number) and not by iBase?

BR,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

the problem is that the SLA depends on both the sold-to party and the IBase.

In our situation there is not only one SLA per sold-to party.

Let's say IBase X = Sharepoint and IBase Y = DB2

for Partner A= 24/7

IBase X (Sharepoint) should have following SLA:
                                                                      for Partner B= 12/5

for Partner A=8/5

IBase Y (DB2) should have following SLA:

for Partner B=24/7

So as you can see in my examples Partner A (and B also) doesn't have only one SLA! It depends on which IBase is affected and which Partner (Cumstomer) creates the Ticket.

So am I right that we need to do that with an SLA BadI or is this kind of scenario not possible?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So if your goal is a "matching SLA" with more than one parameter (iBase + Sold-to Party) and you do not want to use multilevel categorization - then you'll have to use BADI.

BR,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer.

You were a great help.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Answers (0)