cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

syntax error in program saplsfes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need immediate assistance, we are experiencing the following abap error while upgrading BASIS Package (SAPKB73103) (In the import main phase ) and right now i couldn't go to any tcode, while im entering any tcode following syntax error showing...

And i access through SAP GUI either, it shows follwing error "RABAX Error during gui logon"

PLease help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

You need to apply the patch from os level once again.

can you please share the same with me.I think Anoop has to apply from os level though it is not recommended from SAP.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

yes, this is correct. He has to apply this from OS level.

As this is not supported and has to be individually designed for each system I wrote a private message instead of posting the solution in public.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I restarted server and tried again

should i wait  ?

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anoob,

most probably,the reason is as the one described in SAP note #12746.

You can proceed by performing below steps:

1. Get the tp-process ID (PID) from content of the .LOC file.
  2. Check if the PID exists on the host where tp runs.
    1. If it exists, the problem is not the opportunistic locking but must be investigated by the support team.
    2. If the PID does not exists, perform the next step.
  3. Delete the lock file mentioned in the warning message.

Cheers,
Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I have deleted the lock file and now error throws in different way,

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

I think this is the reason why your Main Import aborted. The connection to the database get lost.

Would you please execute the statement "R3trans -x" and attach the generated file "trans.log"? The file will be created in the directory you set up the "R3trans -x" statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now im having a screen with blinking curser

No error showing but blinking curser

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is fine. The import is running. Please check the trans/tmp directory. There will be a file increasing. If the main import is finish then you will be able to enter some new statements. In this case please go to SPAM and continue with the import process by clicking the truck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Andreas,

Thanks for your fine support.It is actually working fine.A file in trans/tmp  is gradually increasing now.

Thanks and Regards,

Anoop

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Welcome Anoop!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas

While updating SP's in Sandbox , the session was terminated accidentally on main Import.

I am trying to start the process again but getting an error syntax error in program SAPLSFES.

I am not getting logon page.

Can you please provide the private instruction which you shared with others

Thanks

Bharathi.

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharanti,

I'm not able to send a private message to you and I will not share the solution in public as it is an individual one.

Cheers,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

Thanks for your support

This issue got resolved after doing clean restart of OS.

Now I am able to login and continue SPAM main import

Thanks

Bharathi

Message was edited by: Bharathi SMB

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Andreas,

What is the point in suggesting to import the package(s) using the tp R3i all PCP command through a direct message when you know that it is not supported by SAP without their permission? Moreover if someone raises a thread for assistance we should use it for others in the future when they face a similar issue. Moreover the commands are pretty visible even though you both decided to have it hidden from the public view.

I will be locking this thread after removing useless replies.

Cheers

RB

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I often see customers raising a ticket because they set up a tp R3i in a wrong way. The say that they have this statement from SCN. Sometimes the R3i is not the overall solution.

In this case I didn't recommend this statement. Bharathi solved it on his own by rebooting the system.

If you set this up in a wrong way or for a wrong time then you can make things more difficult then better. That's why I will not post this in public. Every case has to be checked on his own. You can not post a general solution.

Cheers,
Andreas

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You missed the point here. What is the point in suggesting to import the package(s) using the tp R3i all PCP command through a direct message when you know that it is not supported by SAP without their permission? I am talking about the individual who posted a reply to this thread today. It makes me feel that you very well know that is not the right approach and not a general solution and on top of that you DM'ed the command. It make me wonder whether you made him aware of the consequences.

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

as this is off topic maybe we can discuss this in private?

I'm unable to send you a message. Then I'll explain it to you.

Cheers,
Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

is the main import still running?

I assume the main import is still running and that's why the error occurs. It can be a normal behaviour that some transactions might not work when trying to import package.

Is there a growing file in DIR_TRANS/tmp directory (something like "SAPI<package_number>.<SID>")?

In this case please wait until the support package import has been finished before you start working in the system.

Cheers,
Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I guess Main import phase is not working now.While  running main import database connection was lost as shown in the below pic.

After the error being showed i restarted the server and i couldn't logon via gui till now gui shows the follwing error

After that i tried to log on into 000 client in PCP via RFC then i got the screen and syntax error as shown in my question.

Please immediate help should be appreciated..

With hope,

Anoop

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

please attach the SLOG and ULOG to this post.

Additionally would you please provide me your mail adress? I will provide you steps to restart the main import.

Cheers,
Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here we go..

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I also need the ULOG file.

I do not need your mail adress anymore, because I can send you a direct message here in SCN.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi anoop,

Please follow the instruction of this SAP note. It will be resolved this issue of SAP GUI.

2074345 - SAP System Message: rabax during sapgui logon

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find the ulog ..

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Currently the system is inconsistent, because the main import of a basis package aborted. Therefore this note is not applicable here in my opinion.

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

please proceed as described in my private message.

Cheers,
Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamil,

I have added this parameter in my instance profile and after that i can able to login via gui but i got this screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Andreas ,

Yeah i can login now but same syntax error problem...

Help

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anoob,

currently the system is inconsistent, because the main import of a basis package aborted. Therefore this note is not applicable here in my opinion.

As you can see you cannot work in SAP. Please follow my instructions of the private message.

Andreas

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anoop,

If SP does not successfully applied then you have to reset the queue and apply this SP again.

would you share the current log of this SP.

regards,

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In this phase you are not able to reset the queue!

Further the system is inconsistent and you are not able to access the system anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jamil,

As of now I can bearly login to sap and couldn't access any queue or tcodes but syntax error.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.