Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPRouter migration

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me the steps involved or considered (before and after migration) in migrating SAProuter from one server to another?

My saprouter is corrently in a DMZ server

Thanks,

ASK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to 1st make sure that NATing is done as it was done for the previous router.

Means keep public and private IPs same for your new router.

Update the same with SAP in SMP.

Install the router.

Backup the routtab file and keep the same in new system.

These are some steps apart from regular router installation.

Regards,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan

you differ with Amit?? he says getting the same HOSTNAME itself is enough to complete the SAPROUTER configuration in the target system without requesting for distinguished name or registering hostname/IP address with SAP, and the old certificates will work in the target server aswell.

please share your opinion

Thanks,

ASK

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If there is a change in the hostname/Ip address you will need to register it with SAP. If the saprouter is configured with the SNC then you will need to request for the router certificate by selecting the hostname of the saprouter.The distinguished name will also be based on the hostname of the saprouter.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If the saprouter is going to be setup on a new server with a different IP then register that system (Hostname and IP) with SAP.

Set up the saprouter and configure saprouttab with or without SNC.

Refer this article

Adapt Tx OSS1 on all systems.

Modify the saprouter information in the System Data | SAP Support Portal with the new saprouter details for all the systems.

Stop the old saprouter and start the new saprouter.

Check the connectivity.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ASK,

Yes, If you are able to get the same Hostname on the Target server, you do not need to register with SAP and get a Distinguished name again. IPs (Public and Private)  can be different.

When we provide SAP with the data for registering our Saprouter and Get a distinguished name, we provide the Hostname and the Public IP of that.

SAP would recognize the Saprouter with the Distinguished name it has provided which is related to the provided Hostname.

The Approach you wrote above is the way you can go ahead provided you get the same hostname and NATing on the new target server.

Regarding the Certificate import, the certificates of the previous Saprouter will work and you can import the same on your new Target as the Distinguished name as well as your Hostname is not changed.

This would save a lot of efforts.

If previously your Saprouter was on some server already running another application, the real worry would be in getting the same hostname.

Hope this helps!!!

AC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its not possible to have the same public and private IP/ Host Name then you need to register the new IP with SAP again and install Saprouter service on the new server.

change the settings in your SAP server afterwards.

AC

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say, If i am able to get the sme HOSTNAME in the TARGET server , i do not need to request for a Distinguished name again? which means, install SProuter in Target server copy the Routetab file. in this way SAProuter will work?

Getting a Distinguished name is not a combination of both IP address and HOST name?!

Please refer to the infomation given below (as per the note :126645)

Information on machine w. SAProuter and proxy for SAPnet
access:

IP address of the SAProuter machine(5):

Host name of the SAProuter machine:

Thanks,

ASK

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Update the same with SAP in SMP.

That is what I mean to say, check the same with SAP once.

I believe what a simple incident raised with SAP, you can get this updated.

Regards,

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

My question was actually to Amit, as he had mentioned that if iam able to get the same IP or Hostname in the target server, i need not request SAP for a Distingushed name.

If this is true, the following will be my approach :

1.Request Server team to provide same HOST name for the Target server

2.Request Network Team to do the NATING in the Target server as done previously

3.Install SAProuter in the target server

4.copy routtab file from source to the Target server

5.Start SAPROUTER

Not sure how to handle certificate import (sapgenpse) in this case

Please advise

Thanks,

ASK