cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding deletion of customer master record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to delete a particular customer master record from the database that is marked for deletion. I tried with <b>'reorganization scheduling'</b> method (archiving of data). But it did'nt work. Can u please suggest me any other alternative. It's really urgent. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

sowmya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

Agree with everybody. You should use Archiving to delete customer master data. Is the only way you can remove them from your system.

Why you say it doesnt work? Any message in the log?

Jessica.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of going for archiving method. Shall i ask the abappers to delete this record from the database table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

well consider this... if your abaper writes the program, he has to take care of all the dependencies, if not, it will lead to inconsistency in the database. so if the abaper develops the program with all the dependencies, it will almost look like the archive and delete programs which is already provided by SAP :-).

so its easier and SAFE to use standard ways!

hope this clears your doubt,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I strongly dont recommend you to delete the record manually, by abap programs or manually deletion from the database. You could find lots of inconsistences afterwards, single documents without relations, etc., specially if you want to do it in a productive environment...

I insist you should use archiving, it's not so complicated...

Good Luck!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a good method of deleting record forcibly via ABAP code.. There will be inconsistencies.

Firstly, one transaction updates multiple tables. So the developer need to know all these tables.

Secondly the system has a status archived but not deleted but manually you are deleting which leads to inconsistencies..

Follow best practices..

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archive-delete is the only process you have to follow as a best practice..

Might be you need to check the dependencies ?

What is the error mesg you are getting ? or is it running only in "test run" mode ?

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

Customer master record can be archived using archive object FI_ACCRECV. For documentation see this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/8d/3e52cf462a11d189000000e8323d3a/frameset.htm

hope this helps,

Naveen