cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning priviledge stuck on failed or pending mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I am in the process of testing RDS installed on a IDM 7.2 SP8 server. Following the RDS doc, I have changed the provision task to the RDS one instead of the one from the SP8 provision framework. I noticed that privileges were failing with the following error:

ToGeneric.addEntry

undefined: "sap_core_getMaxChangeNumber" is not defined.

putNextEntry failed storing310

Executing sap_core_setChangeNumber(310 - {MSKEY=310}) got RuntimeException - undefined: "sap_core_getMaxChangeNumber" is not defined. HINT: Check line 7 in the script sap_core_setChangeNumber

The pass is "Update ChangeNumber". On the backend(ECC server), the user was actually created with the master privilege, but the ABAP role is not assigned. From the status, the master privilege has status failed while the ABAP role privilege is in pending.

Have you seen this problem before? A similar problem was reported in another thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3535014

Since RDS is based on SP4, I guess RDS the provisioning script wouldn't work as the SAP_CHANGENUMBER is no longer there in SP8. This is also mentioned by Per and Simona in that thread. However, I am not sure what the solution is.

Please advise

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the privisioning tasks, do you just use the standard ones and bring in the RDS contents piece by piece. Do you have any advice for the RDS implementation strategy.

Thanks,

Jonathan.