Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAI Monitoring: Custom Metric Database CCMS

dominik_kastner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

i am trying to add some custom metrics for MaxDB database template, since there are a couple of essential metrics missing in the standard template.

For example: Return Code of Last Data Backup

Also there is a bug in the MaxDB metric "Log Space occupied", which got solved by creating a new one with the correct "Key Figure" Name.

There are many ccms (rz20) database metrics available on the managed system, which runs on MaxDB. The problem is, all of these DB metrics got a MTE-Class which contains the SID of the system. Example: SDB_backup_data_rc_smcl_<SID>

But i need this MTE-Class to be system-independant.

Anybody know how this can be realized ?

Best regards,

PS: Solman 7.1 SP12

Dominik Kastner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dominik_kastner
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anybody have a clue how to realize this ? This is really important to me. Any help is appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

do you have a solution meanwhile? I have the same problem and no good idea.

thanks for a short response.

Holger

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
dominik_kastner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

i know this document. Please re-read my question. I can create custom metrics like "R3SpoolServiceQueue", whch is mentioned in the document.

The problem i have, is with the database ccms metrics:

The MTE-Class of these metrics, which i need to use in the custom metric, contains the <SID> in the name. Take a look a the example above. How to use this MTE`in the template, generic for any MaxDB system  ?

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

Have you checked out this link - Procedure Heading, the Example given:

....... to include all nodes regardless of the ID of the monitored system, enter the MTE class SDB_space_data_free_mb_pfcl_* with the desired settings in the check group.

Checking and Distributing Settings for Selected MTEs and Monitors - Alert Monitor - SAP Library

Regards

Ruth

dominik_kastner
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ruth,

i already tried to use a wildcard in the mte-class field. But without sucess.

Anybody know a solution for this ?