Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Profile not available - Output type RD04

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through some thread with similar issue but couldn’t find the solution.  I am getting SAP error Message no. E0332 EDI: Partner profile not available.   This error is showing up for RD04 in IV.

Here is the situation; the intercompany process is already setup in production and working fine with IDoc correctly generating.  I have been asked by client to add a new plant in one of the company code.  I did the intercompany STO configuration and everything is working fine except the
EDI part.  Following are the assignments I made for EDI:

1. Created customer account for new plant (Plant-A3 in CC 1000) in supplying company code (CC 2000).
  2. Vendor(supplying plant- B1 in CC2000) is already used in production in CC1000
  3. Partner Profile: copy the existing Partner A1 (Plant –A1 in CC1000) as A3.  That is partner
    no: A3, type: KU&LI.   All assignment like Partner Role/Message Type/Message Variant were fully referenced and nothing is missing. 
  4. Partner profile for Vendor A1 in CC 2000 is already in use in production
  5. OBCE: entry is already there for B1(CC 2000) That is Part type : LI, Part No: B1, CC:1000
  6. OBCA: entry is already existing for B1(CC 2000)
  7. OBCD : entry is already existing for B1(CC 2000)

I have also setup new plant as a Vendor for CC 2000, which is working fine with idoc generating correctly.  The error is coming when the new plant A3 is purchasing from CC2000 (plant B1).   As I said earlier that EDI setup is working for other plants but not for new plant. 

I have tried to copy all the assignments by copying from existing plant A1 in CC 1000 , which is again working in production environment.

It seems like I am missing something and would appreciate if someone can guide me.

Thanks,

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

RD04 Condition record should be maintained for Payer or Bill to (BP)

So you have to check partner profile set up in WE20 for Partner type KU

As the master data from Production to  Test will be different and hence separate set up is required for partner profiles

check this setting and revert back

thanks

santosh

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly Check the VV31 for Output record maintenance.

Regards,

SRK

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I had maintained the RD04 condition record for Payer A3 and it determined in intercompany transaction.  However, it is coming with error, Message no. E0332 EDI

I have also checked and rechecked the settings in WE20 and it is consistent with the another partner A1 which  is working in development & production(I had tested it successfully). Here some screen shots..

I agree with you that separate master data is required between systems. I had already done that by referencing the one that is working in development.

Thanks,

Abdul

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I actually wonder why you need a new partner profile if you only add a new plant to an existing company.

Billing is done from company to company, not from plant to plant.

so your customer usually just needs a Bill-to partner role with customer number that is used for the financial process.

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I think this was done because these plants are at different locations. Each shipping address represents different ship to party.

However, I agree with you that it was not necessary.  This is how it was implemented and I need to work with this constraint.

Thanks,

Abdul

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have more than 600 plants in our system, and they have of course different addresses and we have different customers for the ship-to's. But all ship-to's under the same company will use the customer master who represents the bill-to as its bill-to partner. It would be ridiculous if AR and AP had to consolidate hundreds of customers.

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I am not taking about the regular customers here and obviously no one keep separate account for each of them. My issue is related to  STO and it was my assumption that ship to address may be the reason the client went for multiple plant customers.

Thanks,

Abdul

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A ship-to partner has to be created as customer, a bill-to partner has to be created as customer.

You need customers to process STO with SD deliveries, without it is not possible to do deliveries.

You just need to separate the wheat from the chaff. accounting entries like billing has to be done with the customer who is the bill-to partner.

Deliveries with the customer who is created as your ship-to.

See the OSS consulting notes for the setup of SD and FI customizing: 31126 - Intercompany billing - posting to vendor account using EDI

and 137686 - ALE_INVOIC01: Internal allocatn Customizing in FI

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I think there is some misunderstanding; maybe I was not clear in my last message.  We do have a complete customer account for plant with Payer, Bill to, Ship to, sold to.

The error is resolved.  The vendor mapping was missing in WEL1.

Thanks,

Abdul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any output should work without the output conditions too, so I'mnot sure how those suggestions could be helpful.

The message is labeled with additional text, so there should be more information available when you double click. It should tell what entry it's looking for exactly.

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

I had checked the message text.  It suggests to check the partner profile which I already did and didn't find any entries missing. As mentioned above that I had copied the existing partner when creating new entry. The message is as follows:

EDI: Partner profile not available

Message no. E0332

Diagnosis

A partner profile could not be found with the following key:

/0000000000/LI/

This involves the key fields of the table EDPP1:

-PARNUM  partner number
-PARTYP  partner type

Procedure

Please check the EDI partner profiles.

Execute function

I had checked the table EDPP1 and it does have entries for LI and KU of the new partnerA3.

I did one more thing to ensure that the new partner (A3) in we20 is consistent. I deleted another existing entry(A2) and recreate the same entry by referencing A3.  I tested the A2 afterward and it worked ok.

I am missing something but can't  pinpoint.

Thanks,

Abdul

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, it has zeroes for the partner number, so it's not looking for the A3 entry obviously. It seems that it can't find the vendor number.

Actually Jurgen has a good point - if there is just another plant then why is all this additional effort even needed? This output is not plant-based...