Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Plant goods issue restriction for work orders in MIGO & MB1A with reference to WORK ORDER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please Advice.

Business wants to restrict for Plant authorized person for doing Goods Issue with reference to other plants work order(Through MIGO & MB1A).

Example,

If User 1 is authorized for Plant A, then he should do Goods Issue for Work order not other than Plant A.

Solution

1.  I am thinking for a custom table where i will keep all users with the assigned plant, and while this transaction MIGO & MB1A there will be a cross check for the authorization.

Prons - Performance Issue.

2. Thinking to have a Validation through GGB0, but not sure if this will help. Because that is more related with Financial transactions.

Please check the attached pic.

Please Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where is actually the problem? The authorization objects for good movements have the plant

if the user has only roles for plant A then he cannot do a goods issue in plant B

6 REPLIES 6

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where is actually the problem? The authorization objects for good movements have the plant

if the user has only roles for plant A then he cannot do a goods issue in plant B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Thank you for your response.

User is having having authorization for both the plants but we need to restrict it only with reference to work order for plant B.

Please advice.

Regards,

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well as Juren mentioned, you need to limit User1 to plant A. Even the snap you posted depicts that. Don't give plant B access to user1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

As i mentioned that i want to restrict only with reference to Work Order, not completely.

I checked with the security consultant he said he can restrict completely but not partially.

Please Advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh... I faced a similar problem recently, make use of Authorization Object M_MSEG_WWA which is mapped to Plant, check with your ABAP'er to have a validation of the User mapped to respective Plant, and restrict based on Work Order as Reference (MSEG- AUFNR)...

Check the Note: 1919983, for reference...

The same Note says:

You can use BADI MB_CHECK_LINE_BADI where you could use the plant of the order and check it against authorization object

M_MSEG_WWA for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Thank you for the advice.

I am going ahead with the same solution.

Regards

Ritesh