cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oracle integration with pi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to integrate a databse of oracle with sap pi.

is it possible to use any other protocol other than JDBC. client say to use AS2 protocol for integration. Is it possible to integrate oracle with AS2 protocol with seeburger adapter?

will using seburger adapter make them pay more as it is not an sap adapter?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

is there any business specific reason for not using jdbc adapter? if client is insisting to use AS2 protocol , then does it mean the oracle system is located in the client system landscape or managing by some third party? if third party has AS2 pipe then you can connect them via seeburger AS2 adapter or SAP B2B adapter. for both the cases you need separate licence.  what is your PI system version. you need to buy PO licence to use SAP B2B addon or you can buy seeburger adapter, you can install seeburger in all the PI versions

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Hidayat

they insist they want AS2 protocol. They don't want JDBC adapter. Oracle is managed by third party I think.

is it necessary that the oracle system should be in client landscape for using AS2?

what is the meaning of AS2 pipe? should I tell them to put data somewhere in AS2 format? AS2 is xml or csv or text format? can AS2 protocol handled by File adapter of PI?

PI version is 7.3

client has no issues in going for seeburger AS2 adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

its not required to have oracle system in the landscape.

As2 protocol is not supported in file adapter .

as2 is not a csv or xml format. Its a protocol .Seeburger as2 adapter or sap b2b add-on  have options to configure

• ANSI

• EDIFACT

• INHOUSE

• IDOC

• CSV

• Delimited Data

• positional data

• SWIFT

• EANCOM

and many more.

In PI there is no adapter to support as2 protocol  directly. so u have to buy licence for sap b2b add-on or buy seeburger as2 adapter. earlier we can buy SAP B2B add-on licence separately but now from last month SAP is selling B2B add -on with PO licence.

as2 pipe means if thirdparty want messaging via as2 then this means their edi system should be supported as2. Or they will have separate edi box for as2 connection.

PS:- currently SAP supports Seeburger but looking at SAP road map. My suggestion would be go for SAP B2B Add-on . there are a lot of features available in the new release SP4 (released last month). new SAP B2B add-on is very robust and flexible.

Cheers,

HIdayat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

is it possible to use any other protocol other than JDBC. client say to use AS2 protocol for integration.

There is not SAP standard adapter for this protocol.

Is it possible to integrate oracle with AS2 protocol with seeburger adapter?

Yes it is possible, and with the Adavanco one. You can try with open PI alternative: Open PI Initiative (OPI2) - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

will using seburger adapter make them pay more as it is not an sap adapter?

It is another company different to SAP, you will need to pay an extra cost.

From my point of view you should propose to use  the jdbc adapter or SOAP adapter and to avoid to purchase another adapter.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use SOAP adapter to connect to Database? How?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radkha,

In PL/SQL is possible to consume/expose webservices. Check these links:

ORACLE-BASE - Oracle Consuming Web Services

Developing a Web Service from a PL/SQL Package

Regards

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another alternative like web services - i think you should be able to write stored procedures which will create csv files.

You can schedules those procedures using any batch job tool.