Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Substitution using InC MD

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am trying to achieve product substitution with the below scenario using Interchangeability Master Data:

1 unit of Product A should be replaced by 2 units of Product B.

To achieve this, I have created a Product Substitution procedure and it refers to a suppression chain which has this substitution maintained from A to B with preceding quantity factor and succeeding quantity factor as 1 and 2 respectively. All the rule determination steps are in place.

Now when I trigger ATP check from Sales order, I am not able to find the substitution taking place. Though I can see that it does trigger the rule I have maintained and even the rule evaluation screen shows the substitution from A to B during run time but it does not reflect in the result proposal screen. Only product A is shown and it is not confirmed as there is no stock available for product A.

I have ensured that there is enough stock for product B and there are no master data issues as well.

Another thing to note here is that when I remove the quantity factors (Preceding and Succeeding Quantity Factors = 1), then it actually gives the required result. It triggers Product substitution and gives confirmation of product B in the result proposal screen.

Please suggest what configuration can be missing here. I have used replacement type as "Product-Product".

Parth Soneji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

i think the answer lies within the "Rule Control" - access strategy. what have you defined in the Access strategy for products?

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rorie P

Thank you for the reply. I believe the Rule Control is defined correctly. The access strategy is "Start from Top of the list" for product. I even tried with "Work forward from input, then backward from input" which is giving the same result.

Checking instructions here has the following:

Earlier I did not select "InC Master Data" checkbox. Now I have selected and I am getting the below output in the proposal in SO. It does trigger the substitution but the quantity is the same (1:1 substitution). How do I substitute 1 unit of product A with 2 units of product B? I have maintained Preceding and Succeeding Quantity factors as well in the supersession chain:

Let me know if I am missing something.

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

Can you try the access strategy with "Work Forward from input".

also is the base unit of measure same for both the product?

have you specified the "valid from" in the location - independent attribute?

Regards.

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rorie P,

Tried with "Work Forward from input" - Still the same results

Base UoM is same and "Valid from" is also specified.

Parth Soneji

Answers (0)