Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look Up

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done a RFC look up to retrieve values from ECC. I have tested the same and its working fine.

I want to hold the values that are returned by RFC in a global variable. Can some one please let me know what can be done to achieve this .

Can the set and get parameters help here

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I've just remind that with dynamic configuration you ca set/get global variables as well and in if i'm right you can use it from PI 7.0 and upper versions.

Check Praveen Gujjeti's blog

Regards.

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried using a dynamic configuration UDF.

ZSOURCEFIELDVALUE3 is the field to which I am mapping the output of RFC look up call.

Looks like I am missing something here.

DynamicConfiguration conf = (DynamicConfiguration)container.getTransformationParameters().get(StreamTransformationConstants.DYNAMIC_CONFIGURATION);

DynamicConfigurationKey keySource = DynamicConfigurationKey.create("http:\\www.test.com\\RFClookup","ZSOURCEFIELDVALUE3");

if (conf != null) {

conf.put(keySource, var1);

result.addValue(var1);

}

return var1;

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It seems to be right  for me. Are you using the ICO object in the configuration?

Regards.

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Yes I am using ICO and I am on single stack.One more question I have is the above code will I need to use it under the edit java section . Currently I have developed this as a normal UDF.

But somehow I am not able to get the desired value from the RFC call under the var1 which is defined in the UDF.

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of PI are you using?

If you are using PI7.1 or greater, you may use global variable graphically.

useful links:

Suman

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You can use static variables, check this Carlos Ivan Prieto Rubio blog

At least you need to have a PI 7.1

Regards.