Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cluster tables replication using SLT

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello team

i want to know the process to implement for replicating cluster tables (i.e BSEG) from ECC system to HANA system. so i request you to please provide me the steps to perform the same like

1. is there any additional configuration needs to be done in SLT

2. if possible provide me some useful links for the same.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The replication for transparent and cluster tables is handled differently. But in order to improve the speed of replication, I would suggest you to make a change in the SLT configuration as below-

using LTR tcode- pls go to settings tab-

and in transfer settings, make the initial load mode as "performance optimized"

So your configuration will take into consideration small or big table and accordingly replicate.

After  making this setting, please select BSEG from table overview(LTRC tcode) and start replication.

Regards,

Saritha K

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply saritha..

The replication for transparent and cluster tables is handled differently. --> so on this point, i know the process for tansaparent tables but i dont know the replication process for cluster tables, can you please guide me on this process.

To improve performance you suggest the below points, i will follow them

1. LTR tcode- pls go to settings tab- and in transfer settings, make the initial load mode as "performance optimized". So your configuration will take into consideration small or big table and accordingly replicate.

2. After  making this setting, please select BSEG from table overview(LTRC tcode) and start replication.

So now doubt here is the points which you have mentioned is for performance improvement but i dont the process or additional steps which i need to follow to replicate the cluster tables through SLT.

Can you help me to understand the additional steps/process to follow to replicate cluster tabels like BSEG.

REgards

Raj

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/community/replication-server/blog/2013/09/26/how-to-improve-the-initial-load-by-r...

http://scn.sap.com/community/replication-server/blog/2014/02/25/how-to-filter-on-the-initial-load-pa...

http://scn.sap.com/community/replication-server/blog/2013/10/04/how-to-enable-parallel-replication

Above links shared by Tobias give good insights on cluster replication and good techniques to improve the load and replication.

By making the above setting which I mentioned, the configuration would internally handle the cluster table replication as well. It would also allow parallel replication as well.

You can give this a try once.

Regards,

Saritha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

If I am using LTRC can you please let me know where I can have the selection the initial load mode as "performance optimized"?

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep,

Performance optimized setting is available when you choose LTR tcode and not LTRC.

Regards,

Saritha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

We have done all the SLT Configurations through LTRC.Any idea how to set Performance optimized setting through other tcode if we are not using LTR?

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep,

LTRC doesn't have any such option. Do you have access to tcode- LTRS by any chance?

There too you can set the performance options for a specific table if you want.

You can set the number of parallel jobs count, sequence and reading type here to improve the replication.

Regards,

Saritha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

Unfortunately I do not have the liberty to use LTRS as I am still using SP4 version

We can set the number of parallel jobs count, sequence and reading type here to improve the replication from tcode IUUC_REPL_CONTENT but the initial load mode as "performance optimized setting I could not find.

Regards,

Joydeep