Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_START and Webdynpro application for Access request, Model user, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For PFCG role, do we need to maintain auth. object S_START, and if so how. In SU24, for S_START, i could not find any Webdynpro/TADIR(R3TR WDYA).

Also, ho do i find the Webdynpro application for Access request/Model user/Copy request, i.e in Menu tab, i do not get a search option to find teh Webdynpro.

Regards

Plaban

2 REPLIES 2

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

What is your requirement? Are you creating new PFCG roles based on GRC webdynpro applications?

You can get GRC webdynpro application details by using SE80 Tcode.

Run SE80

Regards,

Madhu.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban

Please have a read up on S_START authorisation and PFCG. When you add a webdynpro to the role menu, S_START is automatically included (just like a transaction code automatically includes S_TCODE). It will default into the role as "standard" and cannot be edited (again like the S_TCODE authorisation for transactions). Example link (search for S_START).

I don't have access to confirm, but I don' think you need to see it in SU24. You can test this out by going to PFCG and adding it to a role and then use expert mode to import S_START. If not, go SU24 for the webdynpro in change mode and see if S_START is automatically added.

In relation to finding a webdynpro you can have a look at the launchpad configuration via transaction LPD_CUST. If not, run a trace over launching it and look for the ICF* table entries and then navigate in transaction SICF.

Regards

Colleen