cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Text from Delivery to Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another situation where I have not found a prior thread with this scenario.  We have copy control set up to transfer a particular text type from Order > Delivery > Billing.  It works if the text is added on the Order.  However, we want to also be able to add line item text to this text type just on the Delivery to transfer to the Billing document, but it is not happening.  Can anyone point me in the right  direction for making this happen?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I am not expert in text determination I think in your case it has been configured that text is copying from order to invoice that is u assigned object type VBBK in access sequence of invoice text id. If you configured in this way even if u change text in delivery it wont show any effect on text in invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkatesh, thank you for your message.  While I thought we had our problem solved, since we are able to add text to a delivery and have it carry through to the invoice, our ABAP developer is not able to bring the text into the invoice form. We do have an access sequence assigned to the Text ID (280 in the picture), which we have assigned to the Text procedure for Delivery items for text object VBBP.  Are we missing something or misdirected in some of our config?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Getting information in the invoice form is not related to configuration. ABAPer has to check the code and find the error.

For the form, there must be an output type. This output type has program and form assigned to it. In these two, the ABAPer has to check the code.

Now, you are moving from text to output functionality.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

There may be multiple reasons why this text is not copied over to the billing document (access sequence, requirement, reference/duplicate indicator etc.)

As a first step, check the text determination log in the billing document in the text screen. Below the text, there is an icon 'Display log' (last icon to the right) where SAP indicates how the text has been determined or why it has not been determined. This information will you point in the right direction.

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Bernhard.  I found the text determination logs.  The ones that copied through from the sales order state that "texts could be obtained", and the ones that were entered on th edelivery only state "Text does not exist", even though the text is in the same place on the delivery as the other ones entered on the sales order.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Reading text determination functionality will help you.

For a billing document, there are two preceding documents - order and delivery. In case you want the delivery text to flow to billing then, in addition to the configuration you have already done; check in billing type, VOFA, if field Delivery text is activated (at the end of the billing type)?

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did check for that already and the box is checked, but the text still doesn't copy, leaving us kind of stumped.  But thanks for the suggestion.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

The text in the order - is it at header or item level?

This text flows to the delivery, it can be seen at header or item level?

In delivery, at item level, is it for the same text id? and is this at item level?

The additional text that user is maintaining in the delivery, is it before creation of billing document?

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the follow-up reply, TW.

The text is item level, for the Order, the Delivery and the Billing document, all with the same text ID.

When maintained in the Delivery, it is before Goods Issue and before creation of the Billing document.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Thanks for the information!

As a test,

1. create sales order and give the text at item level.

2. create delivery

3. go to change mode, in the sales order and give some more text Order_addedtext1

4. complete PGI and billing

5. check if Order_addedtext1 is populating in the text id in bill

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is resolved.  Text is now carrying to the invoice through when added either to the sales order or to the delivery.  I think the missing config was having the field Delivery text activated on our billing type.  My earlier tests may have been done before we checked that box.

Thanks for the help, TW.  Very much appreciated!

Also, thanks to Bernhard for pointing me to the text determination logs.  Those are helpful to know about.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

good to know that the issue is resolved!

Text determination is one of my favorites It has been beautifully built by SAP for example VBBK, VBBP are related to preceding documents - it can be order for a delivery, delivery for a bill etc. And yes, determination (Log) gives a chance to analyse in transaction data (sales order, delivery or bill); very similar to Analysis in pricing.

TW