Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Archive o Save Message Sync sap pi 7.31 dual stack

brian_briones
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I'm working with PI 7.31 Dual Stack. I need Save Sync message, But dont want change the value LOGGING_SYNC to 1 because is not recomend.

Exist other method for this one on ABAP stack?

currently saving the BO messages(Async) but I need Save a synchronous interface that is urgent to keep a backup.

I add the interface sync on "Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Periods", is enough ?, I think not ...

help plis.

Regards Friends.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I don't think you would have much change between 7.1 to 7.31 with respect to Archiving and Deletion of Messages.

Check all the parts which you need to know:

Archiving & Deletion of messages in PI - Part 2

Archiving & Deletion of messages in PI - Part 3

Archiving & Deletion of messages in PI - Part 4

Archiving & Deletion of messages in PI - Part 5

Archiving & Deletion of messages in PI - Part 6

Regards,

Nabendu.

brian_briones
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Thank for reply.

I read these documents and I understand most of it.

I just want to know if adding the interface to the Archive and adding the retention time for synchronous is enough to keep the message on the monitor for a few days ... I hope you understand me

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure if u have seen this....U can explore the option of setting personalized logging depending upon the user which is going to invoke that particular sync interface messages

BTW, there is another way of logging sync messages where u can request ur sender to send the header of a message with logging parameter set as true - Having said so that would require some customization and  not sure if u want to do that or not.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Please check the following:

Regards,

Azhar

brian_briones
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar,

thank for reply.

I have configure the sync interface according to the links, but my question is.. must watch other configure? for example: the delete job or condition deleted message....

this is my periods time configuration:

Regards...

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

All the parameters would be as per your requirement.

Note #872388 Per default only asynchronous messages (EO and EOIO) will be persisted on the ABAP and Java side. Synchronous messages (Best Effort) will only be persisted if an error occurs during processing or if the parameter LOGGING_SYNC (ABAP only) is set. Setting LOGGING_SYNC is not recommended to reduce processing overhead. Note: Also on applications systems

connected to XI via ABAP proxies the messages will get persisted and archiving/deletion has to be configured. Performance data on the other hand are persisted for both, synchronous and asynchronous, messages (tables SXMSPFRAWH)."

Regards,

Nabendu.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>I add the interface sync on "Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Periods", is enough ?,

No. With this setting the messages will be deleted after the retention period without archiving.

I don't think there is a standard way to archive such messages.

If you really want to store them permanently then write your messages on file system during the mapping.

brian_briones
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, I need archive or save for some time... in this case is possible with the Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Periods? dependes of job delete too? because actually exist interface sync on the "Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Periods" but aren't on archive... BO message are here only.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set the retention period for sync interfaces too. But you must set the parameter logging_sync to 1.

Refer to below blog and check retention period section

Archiving messages on Integration Engine - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

As i said, if you don't want to do all these then store them onto file system using a UDF either at request mapping/response mapping.