cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM - System should consider the fixed bin quantity which is closer to delivery quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same product A in multiple fixed bins,

i.e., 3 EA  in bin1, 4 EA  in bin2, 10 EA  in bin3.

Here when I have an outbound delivery requirement for 8 qty, picking should happen from bin3 only, i.e., it satisfies the outbound delivery requirement.

My concern as of now is it takes products from all the 3 bins to fulfil the requirement of picking of 8 qty.

How to do that?

Thanks,

Ganesan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesan,

There is a BADI available for Sorting.

Make use of the BADI: /SCWM/EX_CORE_RMS_DETERMINE to fulfill your requirement.

Cheers!

SRH

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no setting to cover all things you want, I guess.

First of all what Manish wrote is right, you should check the strategy on the storage type. Does FIFO make any sense on a fixed bin storage type where you can have more then one fixed bin? Probably not. Because when you do replenishment before the bin is empty, you will probably have the oldest date always in the same bin. Well, you could change the setting so that always the newer date is taken into the quant, then FIFO might be usefull.

For your requirement you could think about to use the available quantity as sort criteria. So when you sort, the bin with the highest quantity comes first, then the 8 pcs are taken from there. But what happens if you need 4 pcs? You want then the system to go to door bin 2? - whoops, doesn't work. You will always pick from the bin with the hightest quantity. If you want a "best fit" strategy - you gotta build it.

Brgds

Juergen

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This depend on the picking rule which you have selected, if FIFO and you received the quant of BIN1 & BIN2 before Bin3 then system will first pick from Bin1 and Bin2 and still requirement exist then it will pick from BIN3

Check your picking rule what is maintained there