Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get/Read properties of object from COLLECTION_FIND in Agentry rules

former_member208808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way to get/read a particular property of an object returned by COLLECTION_FIND,

(by using update rule)

For e.g.

I am on Workorder Detail screen,

I have a field where i am searching an operation list for particular operation id,

COLLECTION_FIND returned me an operation object,

And now i want to display that operation description  by update rule....

(Right now i have written a sub rule to get the same-----Like----->Operationlist--->first object where subrule is true---->return operation description)

what i am trying to achieve is to avoid use of subrule in this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you know the id of the object you can also use the find by key property when targeting the operationlist object.

You might also want to look at the MEMBER function .

--Bill

former_member208808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply,

1) Using objects key field to search the object will avoid use of sub rule,(accepted)

2)MEMBER function searched for particular object instance and gave me a key property for that where found , null equivalent otherwise

(but this will not give me the "Operation description" or any "other field" that i am expecting).

what i was hoping that there might be a function/some way which will help me to get properties once COLLECTION_FIND returned me an object reference for "Operation object"

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AK,

Why are you trying to avoid use of a sub-rule to find your object and return a value from it?  All the products use sub-rules when not using find by key.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

former_member208808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply,

Actually that's how i have solved my problem right now..(by using sub rule)

But i am worried whether it will be a performance issue because in my application right now i am scanning third level list

Workorders List---->Operation List---->Team Members list

to show some images on workorder screen.

But i think this is the only way of doing it.

Regards,

Akk Khurd

Answers (0)