cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End User Logon cannot connect to LDAP Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GRC Experts

We configured the LDAP connection for End User Logon and tested the connection OK in SM59. But this connection cannot be connected in End User Logon.

For more detail, please refer to the following snapshot

1. the LDAP connection configuration

2. The connection can work

3. The connector is active

4. LDAP Server setting, the setting is in different client, we config the server in client 100 but test the funciton in client 200(Because the connection is cross client). For the port number, we also tested 389

5.  Data source setting

6. error message

If anyone can offer any advice on where to look or what to try it would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mamoonr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Also refer notes1604946.

Also as Prasant suggested check with S_LDAP auth object and Activity 51.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  All

I added the S_LDAP authorization issue, I traced the ABAP code to kernal call, and found return code is 5, the  identifier which have been sent to LDAP is "BC_LDAP+SAPGRC"(SAPGRC is the connection acccount we created in AD), is that means that I should create a connection account named BC_LDAP_SAPGRC in AD? But I tried to directly pass into SAPGRC, the return code is same 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, it's because I did not set the account credential again after I copy the setting from client 100

Now the system popup error message LDAPRC001

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

please check the privileges of your application user in LDAP, especially privileges to path set up as base entry.

Regards, Andrzej

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the authorization of user mapped to webservice in SICF.

normally need S_LDAP object.

if dev environment try assign SAP ALL and test it.

Hope your sync job ran successfully

Regards,

Prasant