Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename/Change ABAP PROYECT

0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

Once a new ABAP project,  is created in ECLIPSE.

Is it possible to rename the project?

In java perspective we have the opcion RENAME but not in the  ABAP perspective.

Can we change the data connection of a existing  ABAP project?

Eg change the client or the SAProuter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

danny_lacerte2
Participant
0 Kudos

As far as I know, no, but you can have multiple projects.

And since a project is only a connection to a backend system, you can  and create a new one without losing anything (except project-related configurations such as your favorite packages or your selected Test Cockpit variant).

(I also tried to edit the project files in \(your workspace folder)\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\(your project name), but I did not succeed.)

4 REPLIES 4

danny_lacerte2
Participant
0 Kudos

As far as I know, no, but you can have multiple projects.

And since a project is only a connection to a backend system, you can  and create a new one without losing anything (except project-related configurations such as your favorite packages or your selected Test Cockpit variant).

(I also tried to edit the project files in \(your workspace folder)\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\(your project name), but I did not succeed.)

0 Kudos

Thanks Danny.

I managed to change the data connection of an ABAP project by modifying the file:

\ (my workspace folder) \ .metadata \ .plugins \ org.eclipse.core.resources.semantic \ .cache \ (my project name) \ .destination.properties

In this file, i can change the data connection to sap system.

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi David,

we are currently working on the Duplicate function for ABAP projects.

That means that you can copy a project with all the project settings and you can adjust the connection and logon setup. Maybe this helps in your scenario? What do you think?

Regards,

Thomas.

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas.

Yes, that would help, but I had thought in casual scenarios.

For example, normally, I have to do the access to the system in Spanish (ES).

But, by default, ABAP projects are created in English (EN).

If I'm despite and don't change En to ES. I can not change anymore the language.

I have to delete and create a new ABAP project.

I do not think it necessary to copy an entire project just to change one parameter like the client or the language.

I think it would be a good feature than, we can change the client and language fields  in Properties -> Abap Development

Or, if i need to connect with other client only one time, an option "Connect as ..." from the context menu, something like: