cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling of Billing for Services with multiple quantity units

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client in the business of providing Transportation Services and are using standard ECC 6 SD module for order booking and billing.

Most of business is done on 'Tonnage' basis and we have a service material - 'Transportation Service' with order units in terms of 'Tonnes'.

So, If I book an order for Delhi to Mumbai of 100 tonnes, I'd create an order line with shipper - delhi, ship to party - mumbai, and material as 'transportation service' and order quantity 100 tonnes.

And we have pricing configured in our pricing condition tables where per tonne rates are maintained against 'origin, destination' combination in an access sequence.

Things are working fine till here.

Now, my challenge is that some customers work with us on 'weight slab basis' and offer us 'per km per tonne rates'. I'm not able to figure out the best way to configure this in our system.

Would appreciate your inputs/guidance with the mentioned scenario.

Regards

Suresh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

This is an interesting requirement and possible difficult too!

Generally in an order we give one "unit" - for example qty or weight or volume etc. but here you want to calculate the prices based on weight and distance.

Please give few examples of the orders in TOBE.

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customer book order with quantity and at present we save distance in customize field because  it is not use for calculation till now.

In given example customer book order with 14 TON with service base material ( service material is with variant configuration )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Any suggestion in above case.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check all the Transportation and route settings

what is the Exact formula for the "per km per tonne rates'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for your reply i am give example of above mention case.

Customer order to us dispatch material from A to B station in which distance is 500 KM and offer to below rate : -

0  - 10 Ton = 12

10.001 to 20 = 15

Now if we dispatch 14 tonne material then our billing prices is 14 ton * 15 rs. * 500 km

As i mention in above customer book sale order with service material ( With variant configuration ) which base uom is TON.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

In this example, where in the sales order, will the user input 500 km?

Or how will the system know that the distance is 500 km?

tw