Did you mean: 

Login failed for user

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to connect to a MS SQL database

I created a sender JDBC dummy com channel and I get the error in cc monitoring

databse is version 2008 R microsoft

I am on single stack and I have installed drivers

Error during connection to the Database URL jdbc:sqlserver://IPADDRess:Port/databaseName=SAP_Table using the JDBC driver com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver:com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.SQLDriverException cannot establish connection with the Registered driver returns Login failed for user "xyz"

the database people say they are able to login to databse with the userid and password that I entered in communication channel.

sqljdbc4.jar is installed in PI server

when I type in command prompt telnet IPADDRESS 1433, I get an error telnet is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

how I solve this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to telnet, use that from PI server to check whether the host port is accessible from PI server. Probably you are checking from your local desktop where the telnet client is not enabled..

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

deeptesh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Don't use # in the password defined in properties file as it can be treated as comment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue was with the table name. They gave wrong name, once corrected it, things worked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we have to add the Fully Quaified Domain name and IP addres of the databse server to the PI server for connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's always recommended. Hostnames should be written in each hosts files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not asking about my laptop. I am asking about the PI server. I think both PI server and JDBC server are both in the same landscape in USA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, I got it. It doesn't matter.

Write always FQDNs to each other, when you're making communicated 2 systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Midhun,

I've just created a document about UD connect : )

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-59377

I've faced the same problem because of the password that I gave. The password was in lower-case. It would be better if you give the username and password in upper-case. And try once giving password without any characters (!, ?, *, etc) .

Best regards,

Serhat

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Check your URL connection, this thread could help you

Assure with the DB team if any schema is needed to do the connection and if the password is case sensitive.

Regards.

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use jdbc:sqlserver://IPADDRess:Port;databaseName=SAP_Table

in place of

jdbc:sqlserver://IPADDRess:Port/databaseName=SAP_Table

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It was just a typo.

I have used the one you asked only..

still It Is not working

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

Now try to telnet from PI server and check if firewall is open.

Check the schema for the database table and use schema.db_tab_name

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is single stack so can't telnet from PI server

They said there is no firewall

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do that from OS level. you need not go for sm49 or sm69

Its better if you cross check the log in details.

Then from channel monitoring,try to ping and capture what error its giving.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I ping I get two errors:

1) Database Connectivity Test  : Could not open connection to jdbc:sqlserver://xxx.xx.xx.xx:1433;databaseName=sap_table_name

2) No sender agreements attached - that's understandable as I have configured only the sender com channel

I changed the IP address and I got a different error. TCP/IP connection error. Same thing I got when I changd the port also.  So I assume port and IP address are correct.

However I am getting the same error even if I put my name as user in the sender comm channe. So I don't think it's reaching the authorization page at all. I am not getting password or credential related error.

I wonder whether port I open or not..