Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add New company code under same controlling Area

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to configure new company code under same controlling area , so want to know which point to be consider in terms of PS .

Thanks ,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check below:

• Does the new company code take part in the Existing Business Processes in SAP-PS?
  • Is there any change to the Existing Business Process due to new Company Codes?
  • Does the new compnay code require any configuration in SAP-PS
  • Are there any validations and Substitutions which may get impacted in absense of this newly created company Code?
  • Are there any other enhancement which may get affected due to newly introduced Company Code?
  • How does the Company code currency affect the budgeting and Planning processes.
  • Any Month End and Year Ending Activities require updation due to newly introduced company code.
  • Are there any batch jobs executed daily/monthly/yearly which are company code dependent.

The list may not be exhaustive but can be used as a starting point.

Hope it Helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use below transaction to company code assign to controlling area.

OX19     Assignment company code to Controlling area

I just let you know PS does not have own financial structure it use FI legal entity and logistic structure.

so come with specific PS query what issue you are facing.

Regards,
Sanjeev

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Varshal & Sanjeev for reply ,

My client  have existing company code -1000 under controlling area 1000 now they assign the new company code 2000 to same controlling area 1000 . ( Client only gives requirement  is they want copy all same settings like Company code 1000 to new company code 2000 for PS )

So just want to know which configuration steps I want to take in to consideration for new company code in terms of PS only.

@ Varshal  -  Let me check all point raise by you but let me know point be consider on Configuration point of view

Thanks ,

Virendra

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Response to your question on the Configuration Point of view:

No one other than you (or your teammates) will be in a position to provide any answer to this. This is because of the Client specific configutations and the business Processes involved.

Hope it Helps!

thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Varshal ,

I will check just want to know basic setting required for PD, WBS & Network..... . they want just cost capturing for project

Thanks ,

Virendra

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

ok then create all structure as for 1000 or copy all parameter to 1000 company code.

and logistic side create plant and storage location and master data as was for 1000 company code.

then you create project wbs network as was created for 1000 company code.

PS side below configuration you have to do.

MRP controller you have create by OMD0 transaction.

Network type parameter

network scheduling parameter

availability check parameter

even check below link if helpful

SAP Project System — All about SAP PS

Regards,

Sanjeev