cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Config Scenario sends .pdf file, but .pd received?

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have an rfc Configuration scenario which sends a .pdf file from sys1 to sys2.

When the file arrives in the Receiving system it arrives as .pd and not .pdf i.e. Send file is ‘abcdefg.pdf’, file received is ‘abcdefg.pd’.

I have checked the sending and receiving functions and these look ok so I assume this is an issue somewhere in PI. If anyone has experienced this before or has any idea where I could start looking please let me know as I am PI newbie.

The other strange things is that I cannot find any logs for this processed rfc scenario in PI. I have checked the Runtime Workbench (Message Monitoring), and also transaction SXI_MONITOR but cannot find anything?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Have you checked the length of the field in the RFC?

Also, if you login in the ECC with the same user that the user used in the communication channel you can set an external breakpoint and to debug what value is arriving to ECC, may be the problem is inside the RFC.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have debugged the RFC on sending system, and the Function that receives the value, and both sending and receiving parameters are long enough i.e. FILE_NAME TYPE  STRING

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>The other strange things is that I cannot find any logs for this processed rfc scenario in PI. I have checked the Runtime Workbench (Message Monitoring), and also transaction SXI_MONITOR but cannot find anything?

What is your sending system/sender adapter? Is it a synch interface?

You can monitor the communication channel @  http://host:port/mdt/channelmonitorservlet as soon as you trigger the message and check for the audit log.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thank you for your answer.

Further to my original question I have managed to find some processing logs for this, however still struggling with 'pd' instead of 'pdf'. The logs i found via Component Monitoring -> Adapter Engine -> Communication Channel Monitoring, and then entering Sender channel.

When I click on the Message ID, then Message Content tab, then i dropdown on Message Part and select 'payload....' and then Preview.

In this message I can see my filename as '<MESSAGE>Attachment mylongfilename.pd attached to etc. etc.).</MESSAGE>

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your sender adapter type? file?soap?mail?

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sender and Receiver adapter type is RFC.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

As per my knowledge, RFC adapter in PI does not read or write files. Correct me if I am wrong, your Sender Function Module/BAPI is reading the file and sending the XML to PI. PI transforming the Source to Target XML and again calling another RFC and handing over the XML. Now receiver RFC transforming the xml into a file and wrote down to the server. This is the phase where your issue is happening.

How you are transferring your File Name from Sender to Target? Under any field name?

Regards,

Nabendu.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you can try writing the file onto file system before sending it to PI and see if's creating the file with proper name.

Also i'm not sure how you are sending the attachement to PI using RFC but if that doesn't work for you then  it's good to go with abap proxy which uses soap protocol.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies...

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a program which calls an RFC function module

The Program:

call function ‘ZPDF’
    destination 'XSY1CLNT001_RFC_SEND'
    exporting
      iv_local_pernr         = '12345678'
      iv_file_name           = 'verylongfilenameapprox30chars.pdf'
      iv_file_content        = gv_pdf
      iv_file_cnt_type       = 'pdf'
    importing
      et_return              = gt_return.

In PI, I have a config scenario with Sender CC and Receiver CC, and 1 integrated Configuration.

When I go to communication channel monitoring for the Sender channel and click on the message id, I get the following Message Part - SOAP document:

When I click on Message Part – Payload, I get this:

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

The Payload which you provided is for Response (ET_RETURN). Please provide the Request payload. By the way this is Synchronous interface.

Regards,

Nabendu.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Thank you for your reply... as you can tell i am novice so i am very grateful for your help.

The response was from the Sender Communication Channel, I am not sure what you mean by 'Request payload'? Where do i find this?

Regards,

Glen.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Please provide what you see in Receiver CC.

Regards,

Nabendu.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

unfortunately 6pm here so i am out now and back tomorrow. Wish u a nice evening. ciao.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Is this information useful in finding the issue?

Regards,

Glen.

Answers (0)