cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove unwanted organizational entity.

0 Kudos

Hi Team,

My client want to discontinue one of his company code in which they will not be doing any business further. There requirement is to remove all the object for that company code from the SAP environment.

From sales side we have the complete set up i.e Sales orgs. , Plant , Sales areas etc. then we have transnational data and master data as well.

What should be the approach which should be followed to get rid all these data and configurations.

There is data in the other modules like PS , MM , FI as well. Is there a standard approach given by SAP to get rid of these.

Regards,

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Before going into further details and discussion please check this link where we had explained this in details couple of days ago.

Thank$

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Your question has lot of non-technical implications.

Is your system already a live system?

If you delete all organisational entities, how will you keep all the transactions done so far for any auditing requirements?

How will you take care of the vendor payments and customer dues which are pending in the old org structure?

In my opinion,

You should not delete the organisational structure. But you should retain them in the system. But you can disable the transactions creation for the old organisational structure. For example, you can block the sales order type you have been using so far in the old org structure. This will disable any new SO creation but you can still display the created transactions.

You should archive all the completed transactions in the old org structure.

You should use a new set of configuration elements (like item category, schedule line, del type, bill type etc in SD point of view) for the new organisational structure. Enable these elements only for the new set up but not for the old set up (using copy controls, new pricing procedure etc!)

Like this you should plan for every module. If this approach is followed, you can use the new org structure, but also see the old transactions as per the legal mandate.

I would suggest you not to delete the old org structure, but only disable them.