Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse failed connect to GW system with Network Connection Error

delphi19
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dears,

Try to resolve the issue to connect to the backend GW system, and searched a whole day here in SCN, try all means which suggested, but still could not get it conneted.

Here it's my enviornment:

- Eclipse Luna version with GWPA plug-in installed (actually, I also have Juno version with GWPA, but still failed to connect).

- JDK 1.8.025 together with JAVA_HONE and PATH maintained

- GW system is on NW7.40 SP07 with SAP_GWFND SP08 installed (all NW GW is activated fo sure, and all needed Odata service works perfectly)

Following is the error and my reserch in details:

- Firstly, I try to call the Odata server that I want to use, and it looks good in IE

- Sencondly, open eclipse to set up the proxy with every case that I could image for Bypassing the proxy

- Then goto Odata Development in Preference and try to add a connections there

You see, netowork connection error

Then I simply switch to Service Catalog option which works find in GW client

Error again!

- Searched some hints in SCN, so I make sure that port 55080 is open

See, it's opened.

- Also make sure that the host file is maintained with the system info and restart the system

But no matter what I tried there, just could not get it connected.

And ironically, I got the SAPWebIDE local version installed, and I could get my system connected without any issues.

So, anyone who could help me here? Do do appreciate that!

BTW, here it is the trace log for the issues.

!ENTRY com.sap.gw.oc.eclipse.preferences.ui.validator 4 0 2014-11-12 06:21:34.376

!MESSAGE Network connection error

!STACK 0

com.sap.nw.gateway.odata.client.exceptions.RestClientException

at com.sap.nw.gateway.odata.client.connectivity.impl.RestClientBase.execute(RestClientBase.java:58)

at com.sap.gw.oc.eclipse.preferences.ui.validator.ConfigurationValidator.testConnection(ConfigurationValidator.java:259)

at com.sap.gw.oc.eclipse.preferences.ui.validator.ConfigurationValidator.validateConfiguration(ConfigurationValidator.java:93)

at com.sap.gw.oc.eclipse.preferences.ui.validator.ConfigurationValidator.validateCreatedObject(ConfigurationValidator.java:41)

at com.sap.gw.oc.eclipse.preferences.ui.validator.ConfigurationValidator.validateCreatedObject(ConfigurationValidator.java:1)

at com.sap.gw.oc.eclipse.preferences.ui.AbstractGatewayConfigurationDialog.getDialogStatus(AbstractGatewayConfigurationDialog.java:721)

at com.sap.gw.oc.eclipse.preferences.ui.AbstractGatewayConfigurationDialog$26.run(AbstractGatewayConfigurationDialog.java:752)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

delphi19
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The issue is resolved, and it's far beyong my imagination! Recently just dig into blackhole whcih will never give me an answer, under the help of Carlos, I get another "good running" eclipse whichs is based on Kepler, and only SMP Tool plug-in installed there, then it WORKS! System could be connected, services could be shown.

I do not have time to dig into what is really wrong for mine, but maybe my experience will be helpful here.

Originally, I downloaded the SAPUI5 version eclipse for Kepler and Luna from here:

http://vesapui5.dhcp.wdf.sap.corp:1080/trac/sapui5/wiki/Documentation/Tools/download which is an official place where we could download the development tool, then based on them, I installed the GWPA plug-in and SMP Tool Plugin for Luna and Kepler respective.

After that, my nightmare starts, no matter on Luna or Kepler, I just could not get the GW system connected.

I'm not sure whether this is the root cause, but from my analysis till now, this could be the issue and very likely cause the error.

So, if possible, please download the official version Eclipse, and get the right plug-in installed there which should follow the rules here SAP Development Tools for Eclipse for the mapping chart.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael..

I get stuck in one issue in eclipse if we want connect to database through SAP NetWeaver Gateway  if i am using UI5 code at front end then what are steps need to be follow in any eclipse to connect to backend if i am using SAP server in backend ..

Thanks in advance!!!!

CarlosRoggan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

unfortunately, I don't know how to solve your error, but I hope you could find some comments useful:

- you can check if your Eclipse is able to connect to the required URL.
  To do so, open the "Browser" view and type the URL there. (Window-ShowView-other-General-Internal Web Browser)

If the URL fails to be invoked, then there's a problem in the Eclipse network settings

- one remark: as I can see from your screenshot, where you're entering a ServiceCatalogURL:

the given url seems to be pointing to RMTSAMPLEFLIGHT, right?
  This is a usual odata service, but the field requires the URL of a "CATALOG" service
  Which would then be used to display all existing services in the ServiceCatalog View in Eclipse.

This field was introduced for non-ABAP environments, as far as I know.

- As you already mentioned, GWPA supports only JUNO

- I've heard about colleagues having strange network problems, and they solved it with other JDK
  So you could try using JDK 7 instead of 8

- make sure that both Eclipse and JDK run on the same 64-bit (or 32-bit)

- Sometimes restarting Eclipse does help

- there's no https or certificate required in between, is it?

Kind Regards,

Carlos

delphi19
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks so much for the comprehensive analysis of my case!

But unfortunately, tried all means still does not work:

- Downgrade JAVA to 1.7, still does not wrok

- Use JUNO and reinstall GWPA there, does not work

- Eclipse and JDK surely install on one VM

- Restart the eclipse as well as restart the VM

- No https (SSL) required as it's not setup in the backend GW system

- The url runs well in the eclipse

- Actually I could get my backend system connected for ABAP project.I know there'll be different inside for the acces methodology, but it anyway prove that they could be connected.

So sad about that!