cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieval of Archived data in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expertise,

I have archived data of sales order.Now, the data related to sales order is not showing in database. Now i wanted to retrieve this sales order.So could any one help me how to retrieve it.

I have one concern that whether the data related to that sale order will be seen in database after retrieving.

I have studied that i can display that deleted or archived data through different transactions or ways. and i have done that also.

But lastly , i wanted to know taht archived data must be stored somewhere in may be files ?

so, i wanted to retrieve that back in to database or into SAP.

will it be possible?

Any help  will be appreciated..

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Karan .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read  Q&A 4 in OSS note 547748 - FAQ: Archiving sales documents

The easiest way to search for OSS notes in this context is by using the archiving object as search term

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for the immediate reply.

I just wanted to know that 

Is  retrieval possible????

I know  we  can  view or  display  the  same.

help.

Regards

karan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the note, it is written in that note.

SAP has a program from retrieval, but it cannot retrieve everything, and shall only be used in a real emergency case. The note and its related notes explains it in more detail.

If you do not have access to this note, then contact your basis team and ask to get access or to get the note downloaded and printed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have checked that note .

I understand the concept .

But  they  have given more note number for more notes.

Should i check ??

Regards

karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Actually ,There's  one  question regarding reloading.

It  has been said  it can be done in emergency through reload program .

I tried with the same . but found no logs  while executing  with the particular sales document number.

Suggestion???

Regards

karan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course you should read the related notes. You should even search yourself for other notes and  the help.sap.com docu has as well some information.

Not sure what logs you are expecting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

Actually , there's no  reload  program  for  the  sales object sd_vbak which   i  have  tried ,

there's write  program  as  "S3VBAKWRS".

when  i  execute  it  ,

help.

Regards

karan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you certain about the things you do?

Your thread was about retrieval of archived data.

Now you want write an archive.

Of course it cannot write something to an archive which is already archived.

Archiving data is like moving old furniture from the living room to the cellar.

After you have successfully archived, then the furniture is no longer in the living room, it is now in the cellar. Hence you cannot move it again from the living room to the cellar with another archiving job. Hence the log says it has archived 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

Thanks for  better understanding and giving a  nice example to me .

Appreciated.

Thanks again.

Regards

karan

ashish_gaur2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Karan,

What I understood from this thread is like, your requirement is to reload the sales orders back to your database that you have already archived.( Please correct me if I am wrong).

For reloading SAP has provided a reload program S3VBAKRL, you can use below link for understanding variant for reload program.

Variant Settings for Reloading (SD-SLS) - Data Archiving in Sales and Distribution (SD) - SAP Librar...

Reloading sales documents is not provided for in the standard system and is therefore also not available in archiving management (transaction SARA). Reloading should only be carried out in an emergency, for example , when the wrong document has been selected. Enter the program name into the Customizing view for transaction AOBJ for object SD_VBAK.

CAUTION: When reloading sales documents, the corresponding CO data is not simultaneously reloaded into the system. Therefore, you should reload sales documents only in case of emergency, for example, if documents were wrongly selected.

I hope that helps.

Regards

AG

ashish_gaur2
Discoverer
revathimp
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

The data will be archived using an archiving object. The same archiving object can be used to read the data in the archived file. The archived data will not be present in Database.

Archived data from DB are stored in ADK files in the server.

Check for the settings maintained for the archiving object. You will find the details.

Regards,

Revathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for the immediate reply.

I just wanted to know that

Is  retrieval possible????

I know  we  can  view or  display  the  same.

help.

Regards

karan