cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action definition contains lower case letter cannot be removed in function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

When I define the action of a function, I entried a lower case letter in action: it should be "MDS_PPO2", but I entried "MDS_PPo2".

After I saved this function, it has two dupliacted tcode like below:

Then I try to remove the one with lower case letter:

After save the function, the removed one is back again:

I also tried to disactivate the action and remove again, but it didn't work.

Does anyone know how to remove this action with lower case letter?

Thanks and regards,

Lynn Gao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Sorry I didn't explain it clearly before.

Actually the lower case action in the function definition was uploaded by text file(not manually input). And now every time I open this function in NWBC and try to save, it will show the "duplicate action" error message. So I have to remove either lower case one or upper case one, and save again. After the save, the deleted one will just come back.. And next time I open this function, I have to remove it again.. It's very annoying...

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lenovo,

what's your current SP level? I see some notes but note sure if applicable for you. E.g. http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1574042

Please let us know.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

Our current SP level is 15.

Thanks for the note, but it's not applicable because it's for Support Pack 4.

Thanks and regards,

Lynn Gao

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn

Actually the lower case action in the function definition was uploaded by text file(not manually input). 

Have you attempted preparing a new text file excluding the incorrect value and see if you can load it to overwrite? The file import steps may not have as much field validation as the nwbc screens

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thank you for your advise, I re-uploaded the single function via txt file again, then the invalid t-code has been removed.

Thanks and regards,

Lynn Gao

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

Please search the actions using the "Help "  and when searching the actions you should enter ONLY the capital letters as small letters will not detected  in GRC ( net-weaver screen)

As you entered the t-code manually by using the small letters , it just take the action and risk id will be produced by this combination.

You can see that there is no description available for MDS_PPo2 as its didn't detect the Action.

If you get the description then , that shows that the action is detected in the GRC system and the risk ids will be produced accordingly.

You can ignore that removal thing

SAP note for the same  .

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1848783

Thanks and Regards,

Raghu

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lynn,

I shortly checked the notes and found the following:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1848783

I tried to reproduce and I was able to remove while removing both entries and add the correct one again.

Please let us know.

Regards,

Alessandro

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn

Are you able to try to change the value to a valid transaction code and see if that works or a different connector?

Regards

Colleen