cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category TAW pulling into Delivery for wrong plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried searching for this situation in the SCN threads but can't find the exact scenario for a solution.  We recently implemented a division where we have one sales org and two plants where one sales order can include parts from both plants.  Deliveries are created by plant/shipping point.  We use item category TAW for some NLAG parts, but when a Delivery is created for one plant, it is pulling in the items with item category TAW for both plants.  We haven't had the same thing happen with any other material type.  Any advice on where to look would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you feel that your system is fetching incorrect item category in delivery, then you need to execute 0184 and check which item category is assigned under "Default Item Category" for your delivery type.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. However, the item category is correct on the Delivery, but when a plant creates a Delivery with VL10G, the other plants' materials with item category TAW also pull into the Delivery and have to be deleted manually.  The two respective plant codes populate on the Delivery according to how the material master is set up. That is our problem to solve.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

However, the item category is correct on the Delivery, but when a plant creates a Delivery with VL10G, the other plants' materials with item category TAW also pull into the Delivery and have to be deleted manually. 

Sounds interesting--may i know during VL10G what -your users are doing??

Are they selecting right PO??

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our setup a single sales order, entered with our sales org 0281, can have product from three different shipping points since the customer place orders for products without regard for shipping point.  What was happening when selecting line items for a particular shipping point was that line items from the same sales order but different shipping points were pulling into the delivery if they had item category TAW.  The problem is now fixed since we changed the order requirements condition for TAW to match the order requirements condition of item category TAN.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Even though the delivery is created for both items, what is the problem faced by the business?

I am assuming that the shipping point determined is the same, for both items.

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, TW.  The problem is that when a plant creates a Delivery with VL10G, the other plants' materials with item category TAW also pull into the Delivery and have to be deleted manually.  The two respective plant codes populate on the Delivery according to how the material master is set up. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I would have a look on the copy control (order requirements in VTLA). The standard routine for TAW is 101 which is much less comprehensive that 100 which is used for TAN. When you test TAW with 100, you may be blocked: TAW may not be copied at all to the delivery even though you create it for the right plant. The next step would then be to develop a specific routine for TAW (copy of 101 with an additional check on the shipping point).

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I will take a look at the routines to see if that might be our solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked our config and discovered that TAW has order requirement 102 assigned and TAN has order requirement 101 assigned, so that appears likely to be a cause for the different behavior.  100 doesn't even appear in our list of possible selections.  I will test with making a change to TAW to requirement 101.  Thanks for the direction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tested successfully.  Thank you for the assistance!