cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issues with initial data load in MDG BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have followed below steps to do initial data load in MDG for BP but unable to complete data load.

1. Created change request using " USMD_CREQUEST_CREATE" for
    "Business Partner ID" Entity Type
  2. Started data load process using " USMD_FILE_LOAD" and then
    choose "Business Partner ID" for Entity Type and selected Data row
    exactly I have in my text file
  3. I get an error message saying "NO Change Request is assigned to you
  4. I went to look at change request work flow and I don't see any Change
    request working for my approval and when I select change request which I
    created in step 1 it tells me that I am not the processor of this change
    request
  5. I did verify assign processors by going to MDGIMG> General
    Settings> Process Modeling> Workflow> Other MDG Workflow> Assign
    Processor to change request step number

I don't know what I am missing which doesn't recognize my change request
thru File upload process. Would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Meghna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megna

Are you using file upload method for intial datas upload? In this case you need to create blank change request without any details,sumbit it but don not approve it .then again in File upload process you need to assgin change request previously created 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I am using File upload method.  And have created blank Change request without any details and submitted.  But when I am in File upload process I don't get option to assign change request which I previously created but instead get message saying "NO Change Request is assigned to you".

Thanks,

Meghna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megna

In file upload method as below screen in step 4 it data mapping is correct then there is one pop up asking you to assign CR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

It seems that file upload option works with workfolw WS75700040 for Business partner tables but it doesn't work with workflow WS72100006.  Not sure why as I have all below roles assigned to me.  I basically don't get popup asking me to assign CR with workflow WS72100006 but instead get error message saying " NO Change Request is assigned to you".  Also, I would like to know is it best practice to use "File upload" process for material and Business partners?

Thanks,

Meghna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meghna

Basically the pop up must be in CR only when you are try to excute loaded file and workflow comes in picture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meghna,

"No change request is assigned to you", error will come if you dont have approver rights for that change request.

Whatever change request you have created make sure you have the approval rights for that change request.

If you have approver rights then above error will not come.

Regards,

Sudhir Wakodikar