cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP reports or Webi on ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My company is planning to have Business suite on HANA and there is a huge discussion around using business objects (primarily Webi, Crystal Reports) vs. using the classic abap reports.

The concern is around development, benefits, functionality, accessibility, security and maintenance to name a few.

I know WEBi is more appropriate in terms of semi self service and usage with Hana Live or building directly on top of Infosets and Functions, security will be challenging compared to the ABAP reports, accessibility will be outside the ECC application and via the BO launchpad (unless there is a way to embed BO reports in the users favorite menu in ECC). I am not sure about the complex logics that you can build via the ABAP reports if they can also be built in HANA live and presented in WEBI.

The need for classic ABAP reports cannot be completely erased.But BO can be leveraged for custom reports.

For standard reporting we will still use ABAP unless there is a way to view those via WEBI as well? Not speaking about embedded analytics, I know you can see ALV on Crystal Reports in ECC.

How can they be used side by side...for what specific functionalities?

I would like some expert comments on ABAP reports vs. BO on ECC powered by HANA for a better and practical comparison.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone ?

Am I in the wrong section ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same question, did you find your answer ?

Finaly, what did you do ?

Nicolas