cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special inspection indicators?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I want to flag some sales orders/customers/materials for special inspection. All I want to do is that some material should not get shipped until unless I allow them to do so. I want to flag such orders or vendors or materials in sap.

1. Is there any special indicator which can be activated in SAP?

2. In which report can I find these customers/materials/orders?

Thanks,

Ethan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Like Lakshmi said, the delivery block is one way of achieving your requirement

In case there is a real inspection of goods that occurs before the delivery, you can setup a quality inspection at the time of delivery (standard inspection type 10. Please check this and confirm as I am not sure if 10 is correct)

When a delivery is created, an inspection lot is created and the material is moved into QI stock.

This will allow you to also setup certain standard characteristics/parameters that are checked for each and every material. For example, for chemicals, the quality test can be to ensure that the sodium content is at least 8%, water content is at least 70% and so on. Then you can perform a results recording of the actual result where you record the actual sodium content, water content etc. Once the material passes the quality inspection, a usage decision is taken whether to accept or reject (more codes can be defined) the material. Once the inspection lot is accepted, it is automatically moved from QI stock to Unrestricted Stock by SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both of you. Srinivas - you are right, inspection type should be 10.

In which view in material master do I find the inspection type?

Do I need to raise this issue to MDM team to update the material master?

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

The Quality Management view has the field Inspection type.

Before doing anything, you should analyze whether QM is really needed. It is usually needed in case of companies who perform a detailed inspection and have a department that exclusively handles quality. In the absence of well defined quality process, it is best to go with the delivery block that Lakshmi has suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.

I am discussing the options with managers today.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just search the forum or Google with the text "Delivery Block" so that you will come to know SAP has provided such a functionality which will suit your requirement.

G. Lakshmipathi