Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving documents from SAP to DMS Server directly

former_member927197
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Client wants that when SAP documents are created, they should be directly saved in DMS. Client does not want the additional step of attaching the original files to DIR. (i.e client does not want to upload files from desktop to DMS separately)

Please help me out as it is very urgent.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit,

Can you please let me know the complete scenario.

regards,

veeramani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Use BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 for mass upload and creation , take technical help for its mapping and to meet with your requirement.

Regards

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You mean to avoid to creation of DIR using Tx.CV01N ? If so ask developers to develop a program for documents upload.

Regards,

chandu.

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You can explore the option of using Generic Object Services to store the originals.

There will be no additional step of creation of DIRs if you attach documents via GOS.

Cheers

Amir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

1>If you want   GOS attachment documents to be created as DMS DIR then this can be achived through  custom coding in CL_GOS_SRV_ATTACHMENT_CREATE , and CL_GOS_SRV_ATTACHMENT_LIST

2> if you want to store GOS  attachment documentsto be stored directly in EXternal DMS content server  without  creating DMS  documents Please refer to  SAP Note 530792 - Storing documents in the generic object

3> Also refer to SAP Note 389366- Relocation of Documents

Regards

Vijay Kumar Hebbal