Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Text Issue

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

I am facing the long text issue in Result recording screen QA32.

While result recording i put comment in long text for MIC.When i save that result, then for few MIC longtext inspection description for characterstic display & for some MIC not.When i check individal MIC in feature detail for some MIC in inspection description tick for long text was there and for some MIC not.Due to which when i print report only those MIC long text prien which have tick for long text  in  characterstic detail screen.Please explain what isthe issue or where we can tick so that long text will come.

Regards,

Asif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you don't get the description for 'Single result' MICs. There might be problem with execution as User might be putting the inspection description against the MIC and then entering the different values or vice versa.

In such case, long text basically get save against one of the result but not against the mean result/ value. Try putting the long text against the mean result and you'll get it printed.

This could be the possible situation,

Instead, try this way out,

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

As per you comment i had checked in my MIC setting, it seen the data is visible for single recording and also for summary recording.

As you share a screen in that u select any one MIC and click on further detail tabe on that u will get characterstic detail screen overview, in that below you will fine inspection description short text in that one tick is there.And that tick is available for some MIC and not for Some.For which the tick is there data is displaying in report when i print or in print preview.But if tick is not there data will not display.

So can you explain why ?

Regards,

Asif

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That sign appears in following cases,

• You cross the limit of  40 chars
  • Or, hit enter after entering the remarks to shift the sign to next line (length doesn't matter here)

If any of the above occurs, you'll get the , otherwise not. I hope this clears your first doubt.

Now coming to your other query, as I told earlier, you need to have long text saved right against the MIC but not the extended values. If you can achieve this, you'll get it printed everywhere. Refer following snaps for better understanding.

I have entered the remarks and there is no LT sign.

I got all the text printed in my report.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

My guess is that one characteristic is set for single results recording, and the other is set for summary results. Check the control indicators. The long text objects are different in these instances, and the indicator is not stored in the same tables.

Regards,

John

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply !

Yes what you say is right.We have map some MIC as summary result and for some single result.So now what is the solution for that can you explain? or should i change it from control indicator.

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jhon,

As per you comment i ha dchecked in my MIC setting, it seen the data is visible for single recording and also for summary recording.So what can be the issue.

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

I can't recommend changing your MIC settings, it's your master data. Are you trying to print the results with long text using a custom form via QGA3? You might consider having that form updated so that it collects the text from the appropriate place, depending on the MIC type...

Regards,

John

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jhon,

As per your first comment, you told that in MIC that one characteristic is set for single results recording, and the other is set for summary results due to which this problem occur.

But now i have sent same indicator for both MIC which you can see in attached file, for 1st MIC long test ticket is visible in QA32 while for 2 MIC long text ticket is not visible. You can see the attached document.