cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to syndicate out unchanged records for more than one map

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two maps which syndicate out two different sets of data in xml files for the same system.I have marked the 'Supress Unchanged Records' for both the maps.But when I make changes into the records in the Data Manager and then execute the syndication on any map,whichever map is syndicated out first works fine.But for the second map,it shows me all the records in gray colour,and hence all gets suppresed.But I need to syndicate out the changed records in case of both the maps..

Any suggestions are welcome.Points will be awarded.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you need to do in the MDM Console is define at least seperate systems and ports. If you don't do this, MDM will only see your change once (as you described).

I know the solution description is rather short, but if you know your way around in the MDM Console, you know what I mean. If you need further assistance, please let me know.

With kind regards,

Gerwin

PS. your postings look familiar.....

Message was edited by:

G. Jansen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerwin,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes ,you are right if I create two different systems I can but in my case this is a constraint.Can I manipulate the port no for the same repository for the two maps?Is it what you meant?Regarding the console activity,can you give a brief elaboration regarding the console .You can mail me if you have some information or related links on portalmdm@gmail.com

Warm Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The easier way out i guess would be to create an alias for the system and maintain another port number with the different map.

Ports were designed to eliminate inbound and outbound processing

complexity and the opportunity for user error by eliminating the need for

users to make the decisions regarding selection of remote system, map & location for data delivery,which could lead to incorrect or incomplete processing.

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

A nice suggestion from you..But will it not affect my performance rate .Does it mean keeping two sets of same records.Is there any option of creating an alias in the SP04 .I have a little idea about this option.Please suggest

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is only sending data to two systems (one original & another an alias(same system details with name changed)) using different maps at the same time using the output client systems option in Map properties in syndicator. If that would slow down your performance then i think you are left with the option of sending data sequentially.

Arvind

Pls reward useful answers