cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log of Incomplete Item on Street Field in VA01- Not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

There is a requirement to have a exit placed on VA01 so that orders can't be created without having the complete address, most importantly street.

We can make as a mandate in XD01, however as per clients requirement we can't stop customer creation because we don't have address. Hence we have to put a block while creating an order if specially field STREET is blank coming from XD01.

Can we use LOG, if yes please suggest how. I have tried , however it is not working.

OR can we use USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in MV45AFZZ.

Please suggest as it is urgent.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your quick responses. I will take this on from here onwards and will surely come back once I will implement these ideas

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

Ideally you shouldnt be talking about incompletion of sales order header or item, but the incompletion at the partner determination level.

In the partner determination level, you should put your incompletion at the Street field for your desired partner (using the relevant error group!)

This should work and I suggest you to try this. I will try in my system too.

NB:

I tested now and I think it is not possible using std incompletion customising, as the partner incompletion is point to VBPA table while the street is not available in this table, but in ADRC.

Hence you may only have to go through the user exit route. Apologies for confusing you.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Navaneetha,

Yes, street is not available in VBPA or else we could have used standard Incompletion Log functionality. This is also pointed out by G Lakshmipathi.

Thanks for your post!

To find if street is given or not, ultimately from VBPA, we have to go to ADRC (and search with ADDRNUMBER)

tw

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shekhar,

First point, the best business practice will be to create customers with all information for example with street.Thereafter transaction data can be created.

Discuss this again with business.

Second point, why is street information important, in sales order? if street is blank, how will it impact transaction data?

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

At customer creation (XD01) and modification (XD02), you could have SAP check if the address is complete. If it is incomplete, set an order block on the customer master (KNA1-AUFSD). The user will not be able to enter an sales order for this customer until the address is complete in XD01. This logic can be built in enhancement SAPMF02D (SMOD).

Bernhard

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bernhard,

Your proposed solution is creative! But the requirement is to be able to create blocked sales order. With your design, sales order cannot be created.

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

The requirement is to be able to create customers in XD01 even if there is no street address:

as per clients requirement we can't stop customer creation because we don't have address

This requirement would be fulfilled with the proposed approach. The customer can be created but it would be blocked for order entry.

The second requirement is to block sales order creation for customers without street information which would be covered as well by standard SAP (Order block on customer master).

There is a requirement to have a exit placed on VA01 so that orders can't be created without having the complete address, most importantly street.

I would also suggest to setup a new process and to have the business regularly checked which customers have the given blocking reason (ex. 'Missing street information') so that they complete the master data. This can be done via transaction VCUST.

Thanks

Bernhard

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you try this with SHD0? I hope it will work for you. Make this field mandatory in variant and assign that variant to your sales document type.

2nd option is userexit but I'll suggest to check this with SHD0 first.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The field STREET is being stored in a structure and hence, incompletion log won't work for you.  You can try with the exit indicated by you.

G. Lakshmipathi