cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear table KNVI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all By mishap sales organization XXXX (France) has been assigned to new plant YYYY (Slovakia) SPRO – Enterprise Structure – Assignment – Sales and Distribution – Assign sales organization – distribution channel – plant. All the settings has been transported to productive environment. But, the plant YYYY (Slovakia) is not used at this time. However, when users in the sales organization XXXX (France) maintain their customers, the system asks for tax classification for Slovakia. So users have chosen the only possible tax classification. In the meantime, there are already lots of entries in KNVI and I deleted the assignment of plant YYYY (Slovakia). Thus, tax classification for Slovakia is not asked in customers of sales org France anymore. My point is: the entries remain in KNVI. How can I delete them? (No hard writing on table). Thank you in advance for your answers!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody!! We decided to let the entries stay in the tables.

nishant12
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you really need to delete those values, Program way is the only option.

or

You may let the values remain for now. In future, you may to recheck all Slovakia configuration when you need that Plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have removed the plant - sales area assignment, no need to act on KNVI or MLAN, it will not bother you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to remove them at any cost, the efficient way is:

Step 1:

REDO the customization i.e. assign the plant to that sales area. Make that field as NON Mandatory, and transport to Production. Write LSMW or use MASS and remove them.

Step 2:

Remove the Assignment, Make that field Mandatory again and transport to Production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your Response.

I want to delete the values in the table. But I don't want to edit hard. By the way, the same happend in table MLAN too.

Thank you

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can contact the Abaper,he will delete the values in Debugging mode

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva Prasad Vasireddy wrote:

Hi,

you can contact the Abaper,he will delete the values in Debugging mode

Oh boy... Wow... I hope that at least you're working with a Security person who is smart enough to disable such access in Production.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there are not much options left.

After a customizing change you cannot access those records from within the customer master, hence a LSMW recording or even the standard batch input are not able to remove those values.

Having the customizing in place, SAP would not allow you to remove the values as they are usually set as mandatory.

He can either ignore the data in KNVI table, I do not know any case that they will do any harm.

Or he has to write an ABAP report for a hard table update.

Maybe he could test an ALE distribution for the customer master and check if the IDOC has only the valid tax classification or the obsolete records too.

In the latter case I suggest to open an incident at SAP support. Maybe they can be convinced to create an OSS note with a correction report

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you want to change the values to ZERO or just delete the values in the table?