Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI validation in ob28

former_member477101
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

while creating a validation in ob28 for complete document , i gave prerequisite as BKPF-BUKRS = 'XXXX'

and typed under expert mode as BSEG-PRCTR  = 'YYYYYY' , the conditions were right, but still i am getting

message as ''The formula was composed up to the first syntax error'', neither i am able to save

or come out of check condition,

how to overcome this message and have a successful run.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member477101
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amitash,

Please find below screenshots, of step001 of prerequisite and check, if would like move to message tab after check it is not allowing me to move and popping below  message .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I can see that there is a "space" in front of BSEG-PRCTR.

Can you please correct this.

BR

Amitash

former_member477101
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amitash,

There's no gap in front of BSEG-PRCTR still i am getting error, i ll tell you the whole                            process what i have done  in check  by screen shot ?

1. at first to click on  BSEG-PRCTR  from table list , it was not allowing me to enter

and i got message as below.

and later i noticed that it was allowing fields only which are blue in color and for black color fields above message is triggered.check for colored fields in next screen shot.

for that reason i have chosen expert mode by which we can type manually, but below message triggered. i have checked in different systems for clarification, its same in all.

Help needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

my question is why are you creating this Validation at complete document Level.

It should be created at the Line item Level. Create the Validation at the Line item Level and it should work.

BR

Amitash

former_member477101
Participant
0 Kudos

HI  Amitash,

at first i created in line item level but the error not triggered in right place , error was triggered in the screen before we expected ,even before giving input.

I read in forums that for my kind of solution i need to create validation with calling point  3 i.e validation point 3 ,hence preferred for it.but that was the situation i was facing  when i try to create validation at

complete document level.

how to make validation at complete document level ?

Help Required.

Thanks & Regards,

J.Prakash Rao

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue.

Can you please tell me what solution you found for this issue?

Regards,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Can you put the screenshot of the Validation so that it can be checked.
As per my assumption, you have not entered the Details correctly, Select fields from the Struckture rather than doing the copy- paste.

BR

Amitash

former_member477101
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Amitash sha ,

Thanks for the reply,actually i tried to enter input from structure  but it was  not allowing me to enter,as it raised an error message as it was allowing only fields which were in blue in

color for complete document.so for that reason i had to enter bseg-prctr  in expert mode forcibly.

is there any alternate method to do this without above error.

i am attaching below screen shot to understand better.

Thanks & Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I Need the screenshot of the complete Step (Step 001) and not only for check.

Can you put the same as well.

Thanks

BR

Amitash