Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicate Edition Immediately or only Manually after release of Edition MDG-F

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using MDG-F Service Pack 2

When we create an edition we can either select On Approval of Change Request, Manually after release of Edition or Decide in change request.

I need 3 questions to be answered in this thread:

1.You can setup background job USMD_EDITION_REPLICATE to run in the night and it looks like it will replicate all change requests that are finally approved, even though the edition is not released and set as Manually after release of Edition.

2.Secondly I have noted that you can manually replicate an object, even if the edition is set as Manually after release of Edition

3. Why would you decide not to replicate immediately in all instances and when would you want to replicate only when edition is released.

Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards

Riaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Riaan

Below is the reply to your queries.

1.You can setup background job USMD_EDITION_REPLICATE to run in the night and it looks like it will replicate all change requests that are finally approved, even though the edition is not released and set as Manually after release of Edition. - Yes. System will take all the approved CR's / Validate it and replicate in target system.

2.Secondly I have noted that you can manually replicate an object, even if the edition is set as Manually after release of Edition - Yes you can do that.

3. Why would you decide not to replicate immediately in all instances and when would you want to replicate only when edition is released. - If you want to replicate the data in all the systems i.e dev / quality and then production, then go for manual replication. Replicate data in dev first. Test it and then replicate it in Quality.....

Another possibility is if target system is not ECC system then you can use this option.

Kiran

Answers (0)