Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobilink error with no explanation

former_member329524
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, all

Sometimes I get the following error (or warning, not clear) on my Mobilink server:

//--------------------------------------------

W. 2014-11-10 15:34:11. <179> [10039] Error detected during multi-row operation, performing rollback before retrying in single row mode

W. 2014-11-10 15:34:11. <179> [10040] 111 row(s) were ignored in uploading data into table G4_cached_search_response_multi_prices

//------------------------------------------

There is no ODBC error, there is no further explanation and it is completely unclear whether or not the process succeeded on the next upload.

Can someone, please, elaborate on how this error should be treated?

Thank you

Arcady

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jeff_albion
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Arcady,

W. 2014-11-10 15:34:11. <179> [10039] Error detected during multi-row operation, performing rollback before retrying in single row mode

The original warning (and yes, it's a warning and not an error in this case) is specifically because the upload operation that we tried to do as a "wide" operation (up to the number of rows specified by the mlsrv16 -s switch), failed. Because we recognize that the wide insert may be failing due to a *specific* row in the wide operation, we instead try each row individually to see if this resolves the problem (or provides more specific error details for which row is actually causing the problem).

Hence why this initial action is a warning - we're not sure if we can recover or not, and we're noting what we're trying to do to resolve the problem. If there is a subsequent error message after retrying, this is the actual problem (and we'll call handle_error/report_error, etc.).

W. 2014-11-10 15:34:11. <179> [10040] 111 row(s) were ignored in uploading data into table G4_cached_search_response_multi_prices

So, I need a clarification on this - was there an actual problem, or wasn't there?

This last warning is indicating again that there could be a problem, but you have specified upload_* scripts for this table that ignores uploaded rows from the remote. Did you really mean to send the rows from the remote, or did you really forget to implement the upload scripts? We don't know, so we just warn you that this is happening in your environment for you to examine later.

From a "synchronization" perspective, neither of these warnings would prevent the "Synchronization complete" message that should be logged after every successful synchronization. If the synchronization didn't complete, it should say "Synchronization failed."

---

What are your upload_* scripts for this table? Do you really want remotes to send up rows for these tables, or should the remotes have a "download only" action for these tables?

Regards,

Jeff Albion

SAP Active Global Support

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chris_keating
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Both of these are warnings and are described in the documentation. See DocCommentXchange

Since this is a warning and there is nothing to suggest that the sync has failed, you can ignore the [10039] warning. If the sync has failed, please post the error reported (it will be lines starting with E. ).

The [10040] error likely can be ignored based on questions that you asked previously. Please review the error details from the documentation link described earlier to ensure that the warning can be ignored based on your implementation.

former_member329524
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Chris

I examined the documentation before I posted the initial question. The problem is that documentation is not clear at all on this issue.

Basically, I can derive from it 2 mutually exclusive conclusions:

1. If this warning comes without any error - ignore it altogether, because there was no actual failure

2. There was an real failure and rows were not synchronized, but we just cannot tell you why.

Obviously, both cannot be true.

So, I need a clarification on this - was there an actual problem, or wasn't there? Were rows synchronized or not, or, may be, the synchronization command (for example DELETE) arrived when there were no rows to delete.

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

> Please review the error details from the documentation link described earlier to ensure that the warning can be ignored based on your implementation.

Please point us to "the error details" to which you refer, because the error details on this page do not answer the questions Arcady is asking...

=====

Error detected during multi-row operation, performing rollback before retrying in single row mode

Error code 10039

Error constant RETRY_AFTER_MULTIPLE_ROW

Probable cause

Errors were detected when the MobiLink server applied the upload stream using multi-row mode. It will roll back the upload stream and retry the upload transaction in single-row mode.

=====

%1 row(s) were ignored in uploading data into table %2

Error code 10040

Error constant IGNORED_ROWS_FOR_TABLE

Parameter 1 The total number of ignored rows.

Parameter 2 Table name.

Probable cause

The MobiLink server counts all the upload rows that were not applied to the consolidated database as ignored rows. This can happen if there are upload inserts/updates/deletes from the client, but there is no upload_insert/upload_update/upload_delete script for the listed table in the consolidated database or errors occurred during uploading data into this table, but the handle_error/handle_odbc_error returned 1000.

=====

I have often wondered about these messages... "it seems to be working" is not very satisfying.