Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Hierarchy - Month Value

donnie_burhan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried to create Time Hierarchy from a date, new columns are being added within the Prepare tab (Year, Quarter, Month, and Day). But when I tried using the Time Hierarchy on Month granularity in a chart, I saw that the Month is not showing on the axis, only Year and Quarter.

I looked at the generated Month dimension, and found that the Month dimension is filled with the month name (January, February, etc) instead of the month number (1, 2, etc). I assumed that this is the reason why the Month is not showing within the Time Hierarchy Axis.

Is this a feature or bug? Is there any way getting around this?

Thanks in advance.

(I'm on Lumira 1.20 by the way)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

how odd!

if you click "maximise" on the visualisation, do you see it then?

I just tested this, and couldn't force this using XLS as a source.

Sometimes  I get parts obscured depending on a) the size/resolution of my monitor, and b) the relative positioning of Lumira's screen estate..

regards,

H

donnie_burhan
Participant
0 Kudos

I followed your suggestion to maximize the visualization screen, and it did showed up, but not in what I'd expected. I'd expect that the month dimension in time hierarchy would showed up as month numbers, not month labels. Or at least we could get an option in what format it can be shown, cause it sure does not look pretty and ate too many space.

Is there any way so the month dimension in time characteristic would show up as month number instead of month name/label?

Answers (0)