cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create PO without releasing the n/w activity.

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can you please suggest me the way by which i can create purchase order without releasing any object?

Is this possible to generate purchase order at CRTD status?

We can create PR at created status but I am not sure about the PO.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member210872
Participant

HI,

You can crate PO in system status created CRTD.

REL is not required just to create PO.

System will not stop you while createting and saving the PO.

But you have to release WBS prior to GRN other wise system will give Error msg.

~dnyanesh

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

first it is required to know what is the business requirement for creation of the PO

do you carry out budgeting

if no,

yes,you can directly create the PO with account assignment as WBS element or Network activity.but you cant carry out GRN or SES till the account assignment is released

if Yes,

you carry out budgeting,

are you carrying out availability check ,if availability control is activated,system shall the value of the PO and wither the same is below the budget specified,if value is less system shall allow you to create the PO in CRTD status for account assignment

if availability control is activated and there is not check over the PR or PO then also system shall allow you to create the PO when status of account assignment is CRTD

if the avaialbility control is deactivated and budgeting is carried out ,system shall allow you to createPR PO

if availability control is activated and value of PO is exceeding budget system shall restrict or give warning ,depending upon the tolerance limits specified in config.

hope this shall help you

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, PR creation can be possible with CRTD object.

but about in PO not sure..... i think you need to addressed this query in MM forum to early response.

Regards,
sanjeev

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

You can create the PR as it is an an internal document. But PO is a commitment to an external vendor. Hence system doesn't allow you to create the PO.

Hope its clear..

regards

Sammar

0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your response.

My understanding is also the same, but i need to know; do we have any option by which system will allow me to create PO also before releasing the object.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I am not sure but you can try and see if you can modify which business transaction are allowed in a particular status.. I won't recommend messing with  the standard program to achieve this??

Whats the business logic for such a change??

Regards

Sammar

0 Kudos

form business side there are 2 teams

1. Project team

2. Finance team

finance team don't want any kind of approval for PO creation.

the business scenario is:

first project team create structure and assign some budget over to it, once budget is approved then only project team will release the project.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

In the above scenario where is the need to have a WBS in CRTD status for creation of PO. Once the finance team approves the budget for the project.. The project team can release the WBS or you can create a user status to set the system status as REL once BUDG is set on a particular WBS...

Mukesh,

OK02 is for User status, it will not work for Manish.. As CRTD is system status..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As per my knowledge you can not create PR or PO if your WBS is system status is CRTD. but you said that you are able to create PR if status is CRTD. If you are not budgeted the WBS then how you will track commitment budget.

This is depend on your 'status profile' configuration please check in OK02 

0 Kudos

At the time of PR creation material line item will not appear in commitments, as per my understanding.

we have 3 options.

1. immediate

2. never

3. from release

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

its depends on you business requirement as i said you ca check business transaction allowed on different status in OK02.