cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG SYNCHRONISATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We’re implementing a MDG-Hub model for our client, whose operational system is on EHP5 and we’re proposing the MDG-Hub to be setup on
EHP7, with MDG 7.0 SP2 version. Following are the other design elements:

1. We are proposing that the client do a client-copy (Config-only) from their EHP5 base system to the new EHP7 MDG-Hub
    to ensure all existing configuration gets copied
  2. As part of ongoing configuration synching we are proposing that they create a transport path and import all customizing
    transports from their base-EHP5 system into the MDG-Hub system as well
  3. What are the perceived risks in this approach? What if the inherent SAP-structures changes between different EHP
    versions? How are these managed?

They do not use SAP Solution Manager to synchronize transports. Our client wants to know if a similar approach has been followed at any other client? Please can you share inputs/ experience on synching configuration between main-ERP system and MDG-Hub? I have seen the standard guides/ references already, and I am looking for specific pointers to any solution that is currently live? Please help.

Regards,

Sri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sri

there are various ways of moving config data to MDG.

1. You can use BC Set and copy the relevant data only.

2. You can create transport path and move only specific tables. You can get the list of these tables in the SAP note.

I would suggest to use either BC set or transport and don't copy entire client as its really not required.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri

You can refer section 3.2 for SAP defined four apporaches from link Customizing Synchronization between MDG and ERP (Guide

How client copy is useful in this as both are differnt SID's all together.